Best Friend: Niko

Requested by Itzkaseyy 

I checked my phone and saw that I had four missed calls from my best friend Niko.

I called him back. 

"I thought you were dead." He exclaims dramatically. "I was about to call an ambulance to go see you and tell me whether you were breathing or not."

"Relax. I was in the shower."

"We'll next time that would be good to know so that I don't think you've been murdered."

"From now on I'll let you know every move I make so that you can stop panicking." I declare setting my phone down as I pull my hair into a pony.

"Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha." Niko laughs exaggeratedly. "I was calling to invite you over to watch the new ice age movie and to eat chocolate fudge brownie ice cream, but if you're busy I understand." He sighs "I'll just invite AJ instead."

"Don't you dare! Ice age, Ben and Jerries are our thing. I'll be there soon."

I'm at Nikos within 20 minutes, and sat comfortably on the sofa with tub ice cream in my hand.

He plays the movie and I shift a little but so that I'm leaning on him. He wraps his arm around me but I can feel him tense up as he does, which is weird because he's normally a lot more calm and I immediately want to know what's wrong.

I pause the movie and turn so that I'm facing him.

"I was watching that." He looks at me confused. 

"What's the matter?" I ask him "And don't give me any nonsense."

"Nothings the matter."

"I said no nonsense." I look at him but he looks away.

"This will mess everything thing up." He looks at me finally. 

"I've had feelings for you and I've had them for a while but it's started getting harder being around you and not being able to hold you or kiss you. I understand if you don't feel the same way and I understand if you feel awkward around me."

I kiss him quickly to shut him up. 

"Well lucky for you, I like you. I was just scared of loosing your friendship if I made things weird."

I hide my face in his neck realising how awkward this is but in the best way because my best friend likes me back.

-I hope you like this! (I think is the longest one I've ever written)

- would anyone like an AJ story? I have a book in my drafts

- also check out my niko book lie lie lie