meeting moon

"aaand- there we go! all done!" he declared as the wounds were all nicely cleaned and bandaged up. "you did so well sunshine. i'm so proud of you" he smiled down warmly at y/n, them returning one back. "thank you!" they beamed as sun had suddenly realised his bell strap was buttoned back on his wrist. "oh- thank you! i almost forgot about that" he laughed as he picked y/n up off the seat and walked them back to the daycare.

as soon as they both arrived back, it was oddly quiet. sun looked up at the clock on the wall and realised it was already 6 o'clock. "oh my goodness! it's 6 already?" he exclaimed as he set y/n down on the padded floor. "it's nearly time for moony to set up for naptime!" he announced.

y/n looked around confused, it was only their second time coming here. who was moony? "u-um, mr sun?" they tugged gently on his pant leg. "who's mr moony?" they asked as sun bent down to their level.

placing a hand on top of their head, sun laughed. "oh, y/n, moon comes out when it's naptime! or to put it in other words, when the lights go out" he explained. "oh, so you're out when it's light..and..he's out when it's dark?" y/n guessed as sun nodded his head. "exactly right, sunshine! come on, let's give moony a helping hand and help him set up for naptime!" sun said as he gently took y/n's hand and set off to find the pillows and blankets.

10 minutes later...

sun and y/n admired their work from afar. "hehe it looks cozy" y/n commented on the appearance as sun nodded. "it sure does. we make a pretty good team!" he high-fived y/n as they giggled happily.

as sun turned around, a beeping sound occurred from the clock. 'lights will be out in 5 minutes' it spoke as sun spun back to y/n. "well, it was nice meeting you y/n! but, i have to go soon. remember, be good for moon and i'm sure he'll be good to you!" sun said happily as y/n's face fell. "b-but, i don't want you to go.." they said sadly as sun knelt down in front of them.

"aww, don't be upset sunshine, i'll be back to see you in the morning! i promise!" he beamed as y/n sniffled slightly before giving a weak smile back. "o-ok, you promise?" "of course!" he said as they shared one last hug before the lights suddenly switched off.

y/n stepped back a bit as they heard sounds of gears clicking and metal scraping from in front of them. "h-hello?" they called out into the darkness as they soon felt a pair of hands lift them up into someone's arms. looking around, they noticed that someone seemed to be.. cradling them?

"so, you must be y/n. sunnys mentioned you to me" the voice said as y/n nodded but soon mentally facepalmed when they realised it was still dark. "yeah" they said. "a-and, you must be moon i'm guessing?" they asked the animatronic that was now heading over to the mass of pillows and blankets sun and them had set up.

"you'd be correct, starlight" moon smiled as he carefully set y/n down under one of the blankets. "now, would you like a bedtime story or a lullaby tonight?" he asked as y/n thought deeply about their answer. "could i have a story please?" they said as moon agreed.
"of course"

as moon set off to find a storybook to read, y/n yawned heavily. they hadn't realised how much of a long day they'd had. not to mention they'd met two of the most amazing people- well, animatronics ever. y/n smiled at the thought, closing their eyes as they rolled over, drifting off into sleep a few minutes later.

as soon as moon had came back with the book in hand, he noticed y/n quietly sleeping. he smiled softly as he carefully stepped over them, setting himself down next to them. "goodnight, sweet dreams my little star" he whispered lightly, placing his hand on their head and stroking their hair.

"i promise that i'll always protect you"