hiding away

a few moments after sun had left, y/n had successfully managed to break the sharpener just enough to do the job. carefully sneaking away from the table, they travelled behind one of the play structures. they swiftly turned back, making sure sun hadn't seen them to which he hadn't. he was too busy with most of the younger children anyway.

⚠️ TW FOR NEXT PART ⚠️

pulling up their sleeve, they rolled it up until it revealed just enough skin. they brought the sharpener toward their lower arm, hesitating slightly as the blade made contact with their shaking limb.

they felt tears prick at the corners of their eyes, the feeling of relief quickly washing over the pain. they tried their best to restrain as much tears as possible.

once they finished, the feeling of guilt hit them like a train. every time they had done this, the same feeling came back again and again. it never ceased.

letting out a shaky breath they hadn't realised they'd been holding, they heard a small noise coming from behind them. immediately, they flung their head around and they made eye contact with the same girl who was sat by the arts and crafts table.

"what are y-" she soon focused her attention on y/n's wounds as she gasped in shock. y/n quickly pulled down their sleeve and their heart began to beat at a rapid speed. "what were they?"

y/n soon began to cry hysterically. they felt embarrassed and anxious. all these emotions made them feel weak and fragile. "p-please don't- don't tell sun.." they whispered as they soon took notice of the faint sound of jingling bells growing closer.

speeding into the play place, their heart felt like it was pounding a million miles an hour as they dodged many kids of all ages until they reached a dead end. frantically looking around, they spotted a ramp nearby and immediately threw themself towards it, crawling up at an insane pace.

from then, they had safely hidden themselves inside one of the colourful tubes, trying their best to calm their breathing to the best of their abilities. if they could just hide up here until closing they could leave and maybe even run away from the family they were forced to call 'home'. they obviously couldn't do it now since sun always kept watch over the door and there seemed to be no other exits apart from the rainbow slide that leads into the daycare.

they kept a clear listen out for the sounds of bells or any movement in general, but they were only met with silence. all that was heard was the faint sounds of excited kids from below.

sunshine :)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें