Garroth up at me as I wondered if I was about to ask him something stupid.

"Did you know Cadenza is here?" I asked.

He shook his head at me.

"No." He said.

"Does she sneak in here?" I said even quieter this time.

Garroth shrugged.

"Maybe. I don't think Hayden is too fond of her dating, but he likes Vylad so I don't know." He was not talking quiet enough and I wanted to shush him.

"Will you come with me?" I asked.

"For what?" Garroth asked, his tone immediately telling me he didn't want to come with me.

"To get a drink." I laughed.

"What're you scared of my fridge?" He rolled his eyes at me but stood up anyway.

"No, I'm scared of interacting with Cadenza." I said quietly.

"What?" He laughed as he stretched his arms up.

"It's so awkward seeing her here. She tries to pretend she not smashing your brother."  I said.

Garroth made a face at me as he stopped stretching and let his arms hit his sides.

"I hope she's not smashing my brother." Garroth said. I stared at him for a moment, hoping he was right.

I turned around with the hopes Garroth was following me. The only indication I got that he was following me was his footsteps on the stairs behind me. He stood next to me silently as I opened his fridge and pulled out a bottle of water. I looked over at him but he was looking out over his kitchen.

"What are you looking at?" I asked, less quiet this time.

"Do you wanna go swimming?" He asked, looking over at me suddenly.

I stared at him for a long minute before I turned to the oven where I knew there was a clock.

"It's one a.m." I said.

"So?" He shrugged and for some reason I agreed with him.

"I don't have a swimsuit."

"A bra is like the same thing." He said, I narrowed my eyes at him and we stared at each other in silence for a minute. "I'll give you a t-shirt."

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uh green." 

"No."

He pulled my shoulders down, violently dunking my head under the water. Each time it happened it felt like he might not let me up to breath again, but he did after a moment.

I gasped as he let me back up. I used my hand that wasn't wrapped around Garroth's neck to wipe the water off my face and push my hair back. He held me bridal style and rocked me like a child, threatening to push me back under.

"Stop it, wait." I said. I attempted to reach up and wrap more of my arm around him but the only way I was going to be able to sit up more is if Garroth moved his hands.

"Guess." He said urgently, as if we would pass away. It was so dark outside I wasn't able to see him whatsoever, but that could also be because I had just been repeatedly dunked under water.

"Uh yellow."

Again he grabbed at my upper half and pulled my face under the water. I had so much water up my nose I imagined it had started running into my lungs. He tipped me back up much more gentle this time.

"Give me a hint." I said.

"No, that's not part of the game." He said.

"Yes it is. Is it in the rainbow?"

"No." He said, and then pulled me under the water quickly down and then quickly back up.

"That's cheating." I said and as I spoke more water came out of my mouth than I knew possible. I was thankful for the dark as this was probably not the prettiest view of me.

"No it's not." Garroth laughed.

"It is."

"Just guess."

"Black."

"Wrong."

And I was under the water again.

I coughed.

"I don't know. I'm done." I said. I pulled myself out of Garroth's arms which proved to be slightly difficult as I was submerged almost completely in the water. He whined obnoxiously but still let me out of his grip. I doggy paddled for just a second until I placed my feet down and stood on the tips of my toes.

The water wasn't extremely deep where we stood so both of my shoulders were above the water. The t-shirt that covered me clung to my shoulders and sent chills down my arms.

"It's cold." I said.

"Well yeah you just left the comfort of my body heat." Garroth stated.

I narrowed my eyes at him although I wondered if he could see it or if my blindness was due to the fact that my head had been dunked under water multiple times.

"You talk so grossly." I said.

"What?" Garroth laughed, "Thats the truth. You only got cold because you left my arms."

"No. I'm cold because it's three a.m. and we are in your pool." I said.

"I'm a perfect temperature." He stated.

I stared at him in awe. Despite the fact that it was pitch black out I could see the goosebumps on his arms.

"Alright Garroth."

I watched as Garroth glared at me before lunging at me. He splashed a surprisingly small amount as he moved towards me and used his arm as a hook to pull me towards him. I let him pull me against him until we were so close he didn't have to lean to kiss my forehead. Although I was able to touch the bottom of the pool, I bent my legs so that I was dangling in his grip. I draped my arms loosely over his shoulders.

"Will you practice with me?" I asked.

Garroth let his head fall back until he was looking up at the sky. He whined so loudly I imagine it might have been heard inside his house.

"There's too many guys on the baseball team." He whined.

"No, not with the softball team. Just me and you." I said

His head shot back up straight.

"Oh. Yeah sure if you want."

"Coach Franklin asked me too." I said.

"She asked you to practice with me?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Why would she do that?" He asked.

"Cause I'm bad and you're good." I said.