Fifteen - "Which is why I'm sure she'll be put down soon enough."

Începe de la început

I scrambled over to Y/n and put her onto her back, I pushed my hands down onto her stomach, trying not to grimace at the blood coating my fingers. "Why did they shoot you?" I asked in a panic, looking around. Y/n chuckled.

"It's Eric, he loves me." I looked at Y/n and shook my head.

"Really? Jokes? In case if you haven't noticed you are bleeding out right now." Y/n smiled. A big smile, no wavering. My face fell slightly. Why the hell is she so happy right now? I take off my hoodie and manoeuvre it around Y/n, as soon as I tighten it her neck tightens as she lets out a strangled groan. "We need to get out of here, can you walk?" Y/n looked at me, her face becoming sunken and grey.

"Sure." She made her way up easily, staying up was harder. Y/n shook her head slightly and blinked while holding onto the wall. I grabbed my knife as Y/n made her way to the gun, stumbling back to the wall and huffing. I looked at Y/n and then to my knife, the knife that Four had stayed behind to give to me, even though Y/n had wanted to talk to him. I feel guilty that I listened to the whole conversation, but they weren't very quiet.

I walked over to a dead Dauntless traitor, I ignore the bullet hole in her head and focus on the blue arm band. I try to loosen it off with my finger, but it seemed to be attached to her jacket. "Tris!" Someone says, I turn around, jacket in one hand, knife in the other. I see Uriah looking at me, and before I have time to question, I turn to Y/n.

I went to yell and ask her why she didn't say anything, even if it was a mutual friend. But I stop, she's staring at her shoes, her head swaying, the hoodie I had given her was black, but you could still see the growing wetness and change of colour. I couldn't tell if her eyes were open, but I was starting to get more and more worried.

"Divergent?" I quickly asked Uriah, who nodded. "Get a jacket." He hurries to grab a jacket.

"Should I get one for..." Uriah looked at Y/n and I watched as his eyes widened slightly, as if he was only just noticing what she looked like.

"Don't bother, they've got a special target on her." Even if the jacket gave us a few more seconds, they would be able to tell who she was by what she looked like. No person who's supposed to be alive look's like that.

"They're the only ones who are dead," Uriah says quietly. "Something about that seem wrong to you?"

"They must have known we would shoot at them, but they came anyway," I say. "Questions later. We have to get up there."

"Up there? Why?" he says. "We should get out of here."

"You want to run away before you know what's going on?" I scowl at him. "Before the Dauntless upstairs know what hit them?"

"what if someone recognizes us?"

I shrug. "We just have to hope they won't." Y/n pushes herself off of the wall and stumbles slightly, she looked at me expectantly.

"Well, we going or what?" I laughed.

"You can't honestly believe I'm going to let you come with us? Not like that." She looked down at herself. She pulled the hoodie back slightly and grimaced.

"Well I need to go somewhere, I can't stay here and bleed out."

"We'll send up a medic or something, but you aren't coming." For a girl that seemed to be on the verge of death, and who could barely keep her eyes open, her glare never faltered. And it seemed scarier than before.

"I don't care if I go with you or not, listen." Y/n moved forward, wincing slightly and holding her stomach, or more like the knot on the hoodie. "We find a map, wasn't there one somewhere around here? I'll head to the infirmary-"