"Sound?" Asked Tanjiro as I turned my head to two kids huddled by the bushes, obviously scared. I got both boys attention to them.

"K-kids...I wonder what's wrong." Zenitsu trembles.

"Hey, guys, what are you doing here?" Tanjiro asked them as he stepped forward, I grabbed his arm.

"They are terrified." I whisper to him.

"Okay, you guys wanna see something cool?" He pulls out Zenitsu's sparrow. "Ta-da."

Where was he keeping her? I step forward as they fall to their knees. I bend down. "I'm Akari. Can you tell me, did something happen? Is this your house?"

"No. No, it's not." The older boy says. "This- this is...A-A monster's house. Our big brother got taken away. When we were walking down the road at night, this monster we've never seen before grabbed him. It didn't give us a glance. Just our brother."

"And they went in there?' I pointed to the house.

"Yeah.

"You two followed them here? Good. " I nod.

"Great job." Tanjiro agrees.

"We followed the traces of his blood. Because he got hurt."

I take another whiff, it wasn't a lot of blood. Maybe some scratches, but I don't know what it smells like on the inside.

"It's okay. We're going to defeat the bad guy and rescue your brother!" Tanjiro announced.

"Really? You really will?" Asked the girl.

I nodded.

"Tanjiro... Akari..." Zenitsu says as I stand up. "Hey, what is this sound. This creepy sound never stops. Is it a tsuzumi?"

"Sound? I don't hear anything."

I looked back at the house and closed my eyes, it was faint but he's right. "Ping, ping, ping."

"That's it!" Zenitsu exclaimed as a body comes flying from the roof door. It slams on the ground in a pool of blood, I covered my mouth and nose from the smell. Its fresh.

"Don't look!" Tanjiro tells the kids as he ran over to the man. "Are you alright? Are you alright?"

My mouth started to water as I used my sleeve to cover my nose.

"Even though...E-ven though I made it out-" he about to die...then the silence. God, fresh blood is so strong.

"Tanjiro, by any chance, is that guy these kids..." He says as the ping, ping, ping got louder. I can't stay out here with blood much longer.

"Hey, is this your-" Tanjiro asked.

"It's not brother. Brothers wearing a persimmon colored kimono."

"Yes, Akari, Zenitsu, let's go." He says as I walked closer to the door, drool dripping down my chin. Zenitsu shakes his head rapidly.

"But no one can protect them but us."

He shivers violently..."Come on, Tanjiro, he'll be outside fending for himself."

"All right then." Tanjiro walks beside me to the door.

"Hey, come on!" He yells latching on to the crate on Tanjiro's back and one hand on my kimono. "Why are you making that ogre face at me? Okay, I'll go!"

"Get off." I smack his hand.

"I have no intention of forcing you." Tanjiro says.

"Ow! I said I'll go!"

Tanjiro stops and puts his crate down by the kids and I smelled it, the familiar smell...

"In case of an emergency, I'm leaving this box behind. Even if something happens, you two will be protected. Okay, we're going now."

I uncovered my nose and opened the door, it was dark, at least now my skin is cooled. A dimmed light above and all I could hear was Zenitsu crying.

"Akari, Tanjiro." he whimpers. "Hey, you'll protect me right? You'll protect me right?"

"Please stop." I mumbled.

"Zenitsu, I hate to put you on the spot but...I've got a broken rib and leg from my previous battle. Akari has some injuries as well and none of them are fully healed yet, so..."

I shake my head as he start screaming. "What do you mean, broken bones?! Don't go breaking any bones on me! If you got fractures, you can possibly protect me! I-I-Im going to die!!! What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do?"

"How did he make it here?" I asked Tanjiro. He had a worried look as Zenitsu flails around on the floor. I make my way down a hallway away from them, listening but the house started to shake and a ping, ping, ping, ping. I opened my eyes and the hallway was now a room. What kind of Demon sorcery is this?

I walked over to the door and opened it to reveal another room. Tap, tap, tap...my eyes widen as I hear it above me, turning my head to a centipede looking demon. I screamed as I ran into the other room.

Ping. The room turned and I float for a second before falling on my head.