Anyway, soon after I finished enough of my plate that I thought Hero would consider 'good enough', I cleaned everything up and loaded my dishes into the dishwasher.

Kel was also helping me load the dishes into the dishwasher. Hero was nowhere to be seen, I think.

Once we finished loading the dishwasher, closed it, and set it on, I stood up straight to examine the boy in front of me. He looked a bit sad which was kind of uncommon to see with Kel, in most cases.

Suddenly Kel approached me and wrapped his arms around me tight without much warning, which made me panic and squirm a little. But as soon it was apparent that it was only a hug, I settled into it quick enough.

"You know you have to leave soon, Sun. You should get ready." He sadly smiled as he said that. He probably just didn't want me to leave, or something, which was why he sounded like that.

"I'll really miss you." He smiled down at me with that same old goofy grin. It was a nice sight, to say the least...

"I'll.. miss you too." My voice was quiet and a bit raspy, but it did the trick.

..
"You know I live only next door, right?"

"I know, I know." He chuckled. "I just... hate to say goodbye, you know? I really love ya, man."

Kel POV

OH GOD DID I REALLY JUST SAY THAT?! I'm such an idiot! What if he thinks i'm weird now?? dammit.. I'm ruining my chances here! Maybe he'll not think much of it and move on?? I'm freaking out!

"I love you too, Kel."

Wha-

I looked astonished when I heard Sunny say that. I think he saw how red I was becoming written all over my face, since I heard his soft laugh escape his lips.
Woah... I haven't heard him laugh in so long... It sounded adorable...

"...As a friend, of course." He added.

 It actually kind of hurt to hear him friendzone me like that, but I knew that it was reasonable...

"Yeah, yeah-! Of course! I knew that.."
It felt like the room just went up a hundred degrees, cause I could feel myself getting hotter and, to my discomfort, I could feel the sweat building up all over me, making me all sticky and gross.. I needed to switch the topic quickly before my mind went all over the place...

"So anyways! Uhh.. How about you go get ready now? So you can start to make your way home? haha.."

God this was humiliating... I saw him pass me a raised-eyebrow look, but it quickly faded back into his normal emotionless expression. Why was I suddenly seeing Sunny in this new light like this??

"Sure. I'll do that.." He spoke quietly with that tired voice. I loved hearing his sleepy voice! it just sounded so cute!! I had to keep myself together though. Just for right now!

I watched him walk over to the front door and onto the mat, throwing on his shoes and looking down at his clothes for seemingly any messes left on them after we had breakfast.

 "Did you not pack anything on the way here?" I asked.

"Um.. No. I live right next door. So I could just hop over there and get my stuff if I really needed it.." He muttered.

Right.. He literally lives right next door... you really are an idiot Kel.

I know, Kel.
Oh wait, i'm having a conversation with myself again aren't I-

"We can still talk over the phone, right Sunny?" 
"Yeah.. sure thing." He said quietly, approaching me and taking a good look at me. Man... Our height difference was so irregular. It was a weird sight to see me towering over him compared to when we were kids.
He seemed like he craved something from me, but ya know me, I have no idea how to read people...

"Can you... kneel down a little?" The shorter boy requested, to which I obey, bending down to his height and giving a bright, unconditional smile. 
"Yeah? Whatcha need Sun?" 

...

I felt Sunny press his lips against my cheek, planting a peck onto it. I felt something stir up inside of me and I felt my face burning bright red.
"I-"
I tried to speak, but before I could, he'd already rushed out the door before I could respond.

.

. .

"Oh. my god." My mouth was agape.

JEIJIEJOIJEPJSPWKIOE EEEEE! DID HE JUST KISS ME?!

 AM I HALLUCINATING?! DOES HE FEEL THE SAME WAY I DO ABOUT HIM??
WAS THAT JUST A HOMIE KISS??? DO PEOPLE NORMALLY KISS THEIR HOMIES ON THE CHEEK?? I HAVE NO IDEA- OH GOD OH GOD- 

I spun around in a few circles and flapped my hands in pure ecstasy, and then collapsed onto the couch and shoved my face into the cushion to try and suffocate all the thoughts running through my head right now. But also trying to hide my flushed mess of a face.

Holy cow, that was bold of Sunny!... He has much more courage than me, apparently... and that was definitely the last thing I expected out of him..-! I didn't think he would just...!

Aghhh...

 Things are gonna be awkward with him now aren't they?! 

Well... I mean..
I did get a free kiss out of him...

I got a kiss from Sunny! WOOHOO!!!

I wonder if this was gonna mess up the confession I was gonna give though...

I still gotta head out to the store to buy Sunny a gift to confess to him with, or whatever.
I don't know how I would tell Hero about what just happened-... Or how me and Sunny would reconnect after this awkward situation-

Aahhh! I can't process all of this!...

Egh.. Maybe I should just head out to get that thingy for Sunny Hero said I should buy, and think about this all later...

Yeah... I'll do that! It'll all be finnneee...! I think..!

Taking a deep breath, I sighed and sat off the couch, my head feeling a bit fuzzy.
I needed to convince my mom to let me go out before doing anything... She wouldn't just let me run out of the house anyway.

(End of part.)