Walk in the park

-Elsie pov-

It was finally my day off it felt like years since i had one but here i am.

I woke up and opened my door to a very excited dog. "Hi baby," I said, petting her as I made my way to the kitchen. "Let's see what we have for breakfast, huh Ghost," I said, opening the dog food cabinet to feed Ghost.

I made myself some cereal, sat down and turned the TV on Daisy by the sofa. "I got to clean her today," I said to myself as Ghost jumped on the sofa laying her head on my lap as I ate.

I picked my phone up from my coffee table in front of me to see two notifications.

Instagram New follower rhearipley_wwe
Message from unknown number

I realised that the new follower was Rhea and I clicked on the message thinking it was Rhea.

Unknown: Hey Elsie, it's Rhea from the coffee shop. I saw on your Instagram you have a dog. I was wondering if you want to go on a walk?

I looked at the message for a bit thinking that this was a bit fast but I couldn't turn down another opportunity to see her again.

Me: Hey Rhea your lucky its my day off i would love to go
Me: Also, are you stalking me?

I put my phone down, looking at Ghost.
“Looks like you’re going to make a friend today baby," I smile, kissing the top of her head. I got up to grab her lead which was a pastel purple, when Ghost saw it she got very excited jumping up at me and barking.
"Ah, ah, down Gigi," I said smiling at her as she sat, her tail wagging like crazy.

Rhea:amazing meet at 8:30? Not stalking 😉

I looked at the messages and caught myself smiling.

Me:at the park close to shops right?
Rhea:you got it els

I put my phone down the time only being 8 "we got 15 minutes Ghost" i say picking my cereal and eating while watching The Hangover on Netflix. 15 minutes came by quickly, i got up Ghost following placed my bowl in the dishwasher before putting my coat on and Ghost leash "come on baby lets go" i smile opeing the door ad we make our way to the park.

I walked around the park a bit before I saw a tall woman with two dogs. "Elsie!" she said. I smiled a little realising it was her. "Hey, Rhea," I said back as Ghost got interested in the new dogs. “Oh, this is Ghost" I said, holding her back a bit as she got a bit too excited. “This is Barry and Luna" she said back and I looked down to see a fluffy pomsky and an excited English bull terrier. “Oh my god, they are so cute!" I said petting them as Barry jumped at me, licking my hand as Luna and Ghost inspected each other. "What is Ghost? She is beautiful," Rhea said, looking at me as I stood up straight again. "Oh she is a Weimaraner also called Ghost dogs that's why her name is Ghost" I said as we started walking. "Creative," she chuckled and I did the same. "I know right," I jokingly rolled my eyes at her.

Me and Rhea walked to some woods, the dogs all running off leash and sniffing the leaves, we walked side by side talking about jobs and home. "Do you have any more pets?" I asked her as we looked at the dogs. I am so happy they got along with each other.
"Yeah, I do, I have a cat," she smiled.
"Cute, what's its name?" I asked, looking at her with her natural beauty; pieces of black hair framing her face, she had all her nose piercings in. "His name is Ryku.” Her hand was bumping mine as we held the leashes.
"That’s cute, I love cats. I had one as a kid; his name was Whiskey. Cute guy," I said, remembering my childhood pet. "Do you have any other pets or just Ghost?" she asked and I felt her hand slightly grabbing mine but slipping away."I have a snake, she is a royal python.” The dogs ran up to us with sticks they had."I love snakes, they are cute," Rhea smiled, taking one of the sticks and throwing it into the woods."What’s being a wrestler like?" I asked, keeping the conversation going.

Our conversations flowed like we’d known each other for years, but it hasn't even been a week. We weaved in and out of trees as we made our way out of the woods to the paths of the park."We should go home now," Rhea said and it kind of made me sad. "Damn, maybe we can do this again sometime?"
I look at her hoping she says yes. "I would love that," she smiled at me. "I have a show so I have to go for a bit,” she said as we still looked at each other. "Well, that's life as a wrestler" I said, giving her a small gentle smile."It is." She looks at the dogs, hooking their leashes back on. "Hey, I know this might sound weird but could you look after my dogs? It's okay if not!" she said, sounding panicked but I smiled at her."Sure I would love to, but aren't you worried I could be mental?" I asked as she hasn't even known me that long, let alone be able to trust me to look after what she calls her children. "I don't know why but I just trust you, there’s something in your eyes and smile. I trust it; you seem real and kind," she smiled saying all that and looking into my eyes.“Oh," was all that left my lips.

We looked into each other's eyes for what felt like ages but also ended so quickly.
"Well I should go now" she smiled and waved goodbye. "Bye, Els," she says Barry and Luna following her. "Bye, Rhea" I said back, putting Ghost's lead back on.“Come on,  girl" I said as we walked home, Rhea playing on my mind.