slow morning

- Elsie’s POV -

It was 12 in the afternoon and a slow morning; we were understaffed and my boss was making me work until closing time, which I did on most days. I was cleaning the counter when the bell on the door went. I looked up to see a woman and three men behind her. I put my cloth down and walked to the till "Hi, what can i get you?" I say smiling at them like I did to every customer, just to be friendly "Hi, can i have an iced coffee, two lattes and one cappuccino?" the woman said i could hear an australian accent whoch made her more attractive, she had short black hair and little makeup on; she looked beautiful pieces of black hair framed her face "Sure, that will be £6.15, cash or card?" I tapped the screen "Card, please" Once the woman paid, the group walked over to a table "Jennie, can you make one Cappuccino, two lattes and one iced coffee please?" My coworker nodded while making the coffee.

A woman walked in "Hello, how can i help?” I tapped the screen, getting ready for her order"One pumpkin spice latte, make it snappy; i am a busy lady,” she said, not looking up from her phone "Of course, is that all?" She looked up, giving me a disgusted glare "Yes, just get on with it.” I sighed; I hate these types of customers. "Okay, that will be £2.50. Cash or card?" the woman didn't answer me and pulled out her card "Okay..." She paid for it and I made her drink and helped Jennie on the group order.

"One iced coffee, two lattes and Cappuccino!" I said and the same lady walked up. "Do you always get treated like that?" I smile at the lady. "Not always, just some people think they rule the world," I said, handing her the cup holder of coffees "Can we sit in?" she asks "Yeah, you don't need to ask," I say as they all go to sit and chat. I walked back to Jennie "God I hate Wednesdays" I chuckle "Yeah, it sucks. Slow as hell as well." I nodded and she handed me a coffee "What?" I ask, confused. "You serve her, I ain't going near that woman,” Jennie smiled "Wimp," I smile, going over to the counter "One pumpkin spice latte!" I said and she walked over "What took you so long, you useless thing?" she said, and I smiled and nodded "Good day, miss." I tried to walk away, when she stopped me "Don’t walk away! I could get you fired." I sighed, not having the energy for this. "Can you leave miss? It’s Wednesday afternoon, please." The woman looked at me. "You peasant woman, this is why you're working in a cafe and not a real job. You serve me."  I smiled, not wanting to deal with this "Good day miss." The woman put her drink down and slammed her hands down. I took a deep breath when the lady from the group walked over “She said go.” The lady stands there, intimating "Stay out of this," the other woman says "Leave,” she said, standing her ground and the other woman groaned, leaving.

"You deal with that?" she says "Rarely, but it's a pain when it does,'' I chuckle "People shouldn't, it's just a job. Plus, if no one did it, they wouldn't get their coffee." I let out a breathy chuckle. "Yeah." The woman looked at me and I noticed her blue eyes. "I’m Rhea," she says "I’m Elsie," I smiled at her "Pretty name," she said and smiled again. "Thanks, I like yours too. Never heard of a Rhea before," I say, picking up my cloth again, wiping the counter down "Well, I am going to go back to my table, have a good day, Elsie," she says "Bye, Rhea." I smile as she walks away.

I wipe the side down and Jennie walks over "Rhea~" she smirks, wiggling her eyebrows.
"I just met her." I roll my eyes, chuckling. I can't lie, she was attractive "Come on, you were so smitten by her presence," Jennie said, putting her arm around me "Jen, you know I don't date," I said, looking at her "That’s the past, Els.  You should start dating again, she seemed interested in you," she said, grabbing my shoulders "How do you know, we had a short conversation?" I raised my eyebrow at her "Els, she came over to help you with that woman. If she didn't care, she would have left you alone.” I thought she did make a good point "She was probably just friendly," I said and she let go of me "do what every good person does search her name on Instagram if you never heard of a Rhea before your bond to find her" Jen's hand patted my arm "stalker much?" I chuckled and she winked at me "I am going on my break, then you can," she said, going to our staff room.

I stood there the silence calming my mind which was scrambled with , i chucked my cloth in the sink and decided on cleaning the cups and putting our toppings in order before a couple walked in and i served them.