Chapter 130 - Yves (iii)

Joe had it set on proportional scale, so the projection from the smart device occupied most of the living room.

When the audio and video appeared, it was as though they had been pulled into the scene of those many years ago, viewing the happenings on a certain afternoon from several decades ago from the videographer's perspective.

Joe was momentarily stunned, emotion flashing past his dazed face.

He had only watched the dynamic photo on a small screen yesterday, focusing his attention on a few primary figures, hence he didn't feel much. Now that he used the mode that optimised scene reconstruction, he was getting the illusion that he had flashed back to his childhood, and an indescribable emotion surfaced in his heart.

The mansion was situated at the opposite end of the living room, a facsimile of the original.

Although only the ground and lower edge of the second floor entered the frame, one could still imagine the sophistication and the dignity of the complete manor.

A rack of flowers was set in front of the building, amidst lush green grass and shaded by tall, luxuriant fruit trees.

A high table with a sumptuous spread of afternoon tea was placed under the tree canopies. Tables and chairs were arranged in picturesque disorder in a loose circle, and men and women dressed to the nines were conversing over afternoon tea. The atmosphere was idyllic at first glance, for peals of cheerful laughter could be heard.

In the vicinity of the shot, which was also where they were seated on the sofa, was a manicured hedge and garden swing. It was discernible that the person carrying the lens was seated on the swing.

"This is—" Joe swept his hand over, wanting to introduce the scene, but his brain suddenly hiccuped.

"The Mansons' old estate," someone finished his words for him.

"Ah... yes, that. It's the Mansons' old estate." Joe unconsciously turned his head over before processing that it was Yan Suizhi who had spoken.

"Dean Yan, you recognise it?" Joe was surprised.

While articles would occasionally feature the various manors that the Manson family owned, this old manor was an exception, practically never appearing in any article before. It was because its estate was the venue for the occasional social gatherings that the Mansons placed such high security on it.

Unless the Mansons had extended an invitation, people wouldn't normally recognise the grounds.

"Have you been there?" Joe asked.

Yan Suizhi shook my head. "I just happen to know of it."

His glass was still half-filled with milk, but he didn't continue to drink. His hands loosely clasped the glass, setting it on his knee. He leaned back into the sofa, looking elegant and relaxed, whilst his gaze was cast into the distance, sweeping across the guests in the shade. The expression on his face was very light.

Joe didn't have to struggle to survive in the law school, so he didn't have as much of an understanding of Yan Suizhi's temperament as Gu Yan, Ke Jin, Laura, and the others had. But he could still sense that while Yan Suizhi wasn't in a terrible mood, he wasn't in much of a good mood either.

At least, it was unlike his mood just now, just after rising from bed.

After the lens stabilised, a female voice rang out in the room: "May 22, 1227 f.Emma, still at the Manson Manor. I got duped by my own dad into attending this ridiculously dull gathering. After pretending to be a noble lady for two hours, the newly bought high heels don't fit as well as when I tried them on, so both my ankles are bleeding. And I still had to keep smiling through the pain. I suspect that in the last half-hour, I was smiling like I wanted to eat someone..."