CHAPTER 1.2

I shut my eyes tightly, not wanting to face the consequences.

“I don’t accept letters from stupid people,”
he said, walking past me. Finn walked after him, giving me an apologetic smile.

Finally, the dreadful thing happened. Somewhere inside, I was expecting it. He never accepted anyone’s letter before, so why will he accept mine? But I just wanted him to be my friend. This is what happens all the time when some girl proposes to him; he just walks past them, but calling me stupid was a new one. This is the first time he spoke to the person who proposed to him. Oh my god! This is the first time he spoke to me. I definitely woke up with good luck today. I am so happy.

"Hey, why are you smiling like an idiot?"

"He didn’t accept it, right?” Amara pushed me lightly on the shoulder.

“He even called you stupid.” said Nova, laughing at the end.

“Why did he call me that? Anyway, I’m so happy; at least he spoke to me for the first time."

“The whole school calls us stupid.” Nova said, rolling her eyes.

“What?”

“Don’t tell me you don’t know what imbecile means.” Amara huffed, looking at my confused face.

"Oh, then imbecile means stupid. Now I get it. I was wondering for a long time what that means.”

Amara and Nova looked at me with wide eyes, like I had heads.

“What are you going to do now?” asked Zion.

“I will ask him again.” I shrugged.

“What?”

“I will keep asking until he says yes.” Yes, I am determined to make him my friend, no matter what.

“You are impossible.” Amara said while rubbing her head, while Nova just nodded her head.

I might not get a victory today, but I will one day, and I won’t stop trying. That's what my grandmother says: "Keep trying until you get it." Yes, I will do exactly that.

“Let’s go. Have you forgotten about my treat?” Zion asked, raising an eyebrow, and before even giving an answer, he pulled me with him towards our favourite café shop.

We said our goodbyes at the café, and I went home. Before even opening the door, I got the smell of freshly baked brownies. Just from the smell, I started getting hungry again. I opened the door, and my grandmother greeted me with a kiss on the cheek.

“Welcome home, muffin. I made your favourite brownies. Come have a bite.” Ganny said and she took me to the kitchen.

“You can’t steal my cookie with your brownies." Gramps said as he was already their ready with his weapon to attack ganny.

"Here try this. I have used a secret ingredient. Try to guess.” He shoved the piece of cake in my mouth.

"No, try my brownies first.” Granny started pulling me towards her. and Gramps wasn’t leaving me.

This is my everyday life: trying their baked items and getting pampered like anything. Yes, I live with my grandmother and grandfather; actually, I have been living with them for my whole life. Don't get me wrong. I don't just try them; I also learn from them how to make them. I might not be good at certain things, but baking is my specialty. I love baking more than anything in the whole world. I have been doing the same since I was four. Due to their constant competition for my attention, I had to maintain two different dairies for the recipes taught by them. They are always like this, getting me to laugh and making sure I always feel loved. But somewhere inside, I always feel the lack of my parents' love and warmth. 

Control your emotions, Aida. You’re probably thinking about my parents. Well, that’s a story for another day. Let's deal
with them for now.

"Ok, ok, I will try everything. Just clam down. I love you both so much." I ate everything and went to my room.

It’s still bothering me that Silas didn’t accept my letter. I’m hurt a little bit, but it’s fine. I will not give up. I will try again. Yes, I will do exactly that. I closed my eyes while thinking about him and ended up dreaming about Silas, my prince charming.