19. first mision

Start bij het begin

"We remained friends even after she left witchcraft," Barbara added. "I was very sad to hear that the others managed to take her away. I was the first one to ask Pandora to recruit you, but you know that your mom didn't want you near a cauldron. How have the witches treated you? Do you like the magic?

"They have treated me very well, I like being here," Lilith wanted to be as happy and cheerful as Barbara, but the restlessness from Rowena's call did not allow it. "And magic fascinates me, I love it, I wouldn't want to go back to a life without it."

"I knew it," she celebrated, taking Lilith by the arm and leading her to the common area. "When someone is born a witch, there is no way to escape it, it's what we are, right Edith?"

"Of course," Edith said. Lilith noticed that they were taking her to Pandora's tower. It made sense, surely Rowena would be waiting for her there to tell her that urgent thing. "It's like a vampire having a diet of cow blood, that's not normal, he deceives himself. Absurd."

Lilith was very worried about what she had to talk to Rowena and Pandora about, so she couldn't focus on continuing the conversation despite how happy Barbara seemed. During her week with Dean Winchester, she had made progress in her research and reached a high level of enthusiasm for experimentation. The world of witchcraft truly captivated her soul.

Upon arriving at the doors of Pandora's office, Lilith felt her heart pumping faster, twisting in her chest and reminding her of the time she had a panic attack. She was ready to get answers, but at the same time, terrified of the possibility of bad news. She gathered her courage and without much hesitation, opened the doors accompanied by Barbara and Edith, grateful for their support. As expected, Rowena was there, and not only her, but also the rest of the mentors and James Lambert turned their gaze to the young witch. The seriousness of the situation made Lilith feel like a lost little girl.

"We were waiting for you, please have a seat," Pandora indicated that she should sit next to Rowena. The office had been furnished with armchairs and a couple of small caramel-colored seats. "Thank you for bringing her," she said, dismissing her companions. When the door closed, all eyes turned to the leader.

"Did something bad happen?" Lilith dared to ask, throwing her bag on the floor. Some books collided and made a deep sound.

"No, don't worry, your mother is still in the same condition, but we have a situation to discuss," Rowena took her hand, and she felt much better. That was all that mattered, knowing her mother wasn't dead. "How are your investigations going?"

"Let me take over the meeting, Rowena, I called them here," Pandora interrupted before she could answer. There was an uncomfortable tension between the two witches that ended with Rowena smiling falsely, ironic, and challenging.

"Ladies, please, it's not the time," Sasha Brown, who was a charismatic witch and loved the color yellow, raised her voice to scold them. Mandy had never seen that side of her, she said she had never seen her angry before. "Go on."

"Good," the rector leaned back behind her desk, her curly red hair touching the wooden edge. She still frowned at Rowena. "James has brought us news that changes our plans. The main house of the others is not currently being protected by their leader and their best natural witches, they have gone to Europe. We don't know why or what they're up to, the only thing that matters to us is this opportunity: we can make an attack on the mansion where Regina is being held. We discussed together what is the best way and most convenient. Even though their strongest members are not present, they still outnumber us three to one and have the help of several monsters.

"They sent all their security to the main house, concentrating there," James added quickly, positioned behind Pandora, standing near the window like the queen's bodyguard.