Chapter 5

Super Rewind 23/05/2004

Never have I ever regretted going to a party. Well, obviously I wouldn't since this is my first ever real party that I've been to. Even so, this is the first but the shittiest one yet.

"Bella bear! Come and dance with me," my best friend slurred. "You need to get your cute arse up and shake it."

See, this is the hardest part of having a best friend who literally just wants to party all night till the sun rises. I mean, I love this woman, but sometimes she's just a bitch. She was grinding and running her hands all over this bloke that she just met like, 10 minutes ago. I wouldn't call her a slut because,

a) she is my best friend and

b) she doesn't do one night stands.

But because of her super inappropriate behaviour right now, I'd make an exception.

To be honest, I thought I'd come here to meet a guy and probably have some connection like in those movies and we live happily ever after. I guess I looked in the wrong place for that. My mum always said that to find the best men are always in Church but come on, really? Even boys who go to Church party like mad gorillas.

I stood by the kitchen counter, observing everyone around me. This was Aaron's house. The boy who gets everything he wants. The womanizer, the rich kid, the perfect one.

This house is a fucking mansion.

He practically invited everyone from our year. What was he to worry about? His parents are out of town for the whole week and he has at least 10 house maids. The music was blasting so loud, the bass hitting the floor hard as if the whole house was vibrating. Everyone else were raving in the living room.

"Fancy seeing you here, love," a too familiar voice said. "I never thought the goody-two-shoes of London would ever come to a party like this." I was about to leave but I knew what he was doing.

I am not weak.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Do you want me to leave?" I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. His smirk only turned into a grin and he shook his head. "Maybe you should go back to your girlfriend or something. I'm pretty sure I'm too ugly to be seen with you."

It took me by surprise when his smile fell and a frown formed on his lips. I smirked. "You honestly think I'm that dumb to think you're alone? Typical man whore."

"Yeah. I am alone. Never been with anyone ever since that day."

I stifled a laugh. "Which day?"

"The day I finally got to talk to you again."

I burst out laughing, clutching my stomach and exaggerating my snorts. I know, very unattractive but that's the point. "You are delusional. You're drunk. You're high. Whatever. But you're definitely not alone. I'm not stupid."

He sighed and stood right in front of me, trapping me in between his tall figure and the kitchen counter. "Babe, I am anything but a liar, and you're anything but stupid. I haven't had a drink since I came and I shot down every girl that tried 'getting it on' with me," he air quoted. I laughed.

I pushed away his left hand so I could get out of his trap, literally. "Good to know." 

Now, I know I'm playing real hard to get, but who am I kidding? This is the Samuel Davis. He just wants someone to hump and dump. 

"When are you going to stop? I thought you'd get bored of me already like you always do with every girl you manage to get in their pants. Oh wait, I was never one of them anyway. Oops." I'm probably going too far, but he's hurt me enough times for me to actually give a shit.