Chapter 10

Willow's P.O.V

I woke up and crawled out of Xavier's arms. I got up and grabbed some clothes smiling. I walked to the bathroom and slipped it all on. I slipped on my running shoes and grabbed cream colored riding breeches, my black riding boots, a long sleeved cotton shirt, and a protective black vest. I put it all in my duffle bag, grab my phone, ipod, put my laptop in the laptop bag, set the alarm clock for 8, pulled the blanket over his body, and left a note telling them to come out to the stables later. I jumped in my car and raced off to the barn. I got out and opened the gate leaving it closed but unlocked for when they come through later. I parked near the track and jumped out. I walked over to the hurdle switch and flipped it to on. I warmed up my muscles by running the track at a slow jog I sped up as I neared closer to the hurdles and jumped over all of the smoothly and slowed down to a smooth jog back around the track till I came back to them and repeated till I had almost done 6 miles. I did a cool of jog and went to put on my riding clothes. I pulled in the hurdles and went to the barn to get Dream. I pulled her out, tied her up, grabbed the riding pad and slipped it on her, grabbed her jumping saddle and cinched it up, wrapped all 4 legs in polo wraps, slipped her breast plate on, grabbed her competition bridle, and led her out to the track. I flipped the switch for the jumps and used my steps to get on my horse. I walked her out to the riding ring and jogged her smoothly around the ring. I will probably do at least 15 jumps all different sorts to get her used to riding. I sped her up to a even canter and sailed her over the first jump getting her ready for the set up quickly for the next one. Now this is what it feels like to be home. It feels great to be back in my own place with nothing to worry about but the feel of the horse and the jumps up ahead. I sailed her over all the rest and stopped to a trot and then to a walk while I cooled her out. I took her back to the barn and took all her tack off. I slipped on a light horse blanket and took her out to the hot walker and clipped her on. I kept it at a slow walk to cool her out and keep her muscles from bunching up. I went back to the ring and pulled the jumps in. I ran back to the barn and pulled out Acclaimed Mischeif. I tied him up and kept him in sight until she walked into the tack room. I grabbed a soft brush and put it in my back pocket, I hooked the hoof pick into my belt loop, grabbed the saddle pad, excercise saddle, excercise bridle, the mane and tail comb, and the tail wrap. I  walked back into the barn walkway and he was sniffing the ground looking for hay and other goodies. I laughed good heartedly and put the saddle and pad on a saddle stand and hung the bridle over it. I brushed him down quickly and raced back to the tack room to grab his black polo wraps. I walked back thank god that he was still tied up. I wrapped his legs in the polo wrap, grabbed the tail wrap, and wrapped that on snuggly. I lifted the saddle blanket on his back positioning it correctly. I put the saddle on his back and cinched it properly. I untied him and looped the lead around his neck to hold the sneaky devil in place. I slipped his bridle on and took his reign and led him out to the track. I used to stairs to hop up and started him out at a trot. I wouldnt be using the gate today. They dont have that automated just yet. I started him up into a full canter half way around the track and then pushed him into a full run. I heard Xaviers car come up the drive and while my attention was on something else he spooked and the next thing I heard was a high pitched squeal and frightened scream and a couple of cracks. The last thing I heard before I blacked out was someone crying and I felt arms lift me into their lap craddling and then I fully let the darkness consume me.

Xavier's P.O.V

I was coming up her drive to the barn and got out to walk towards the track because I could hear some hoofbeats coming from there. I got to the fence and all I saw was Willow get tossed in the air and then I heard a high pitched squeal and her frightened scream. I ran through the track trying to get the horse to calm down while I yelled at Val to call the medics. She, at the second, ran to her friends side crying and pulled out willows phone and called the medics. I saw her pick her up and cry louder when she saw her friends eyes close. I heard strangled sobs coming from her while her horse came down from dodging me. When I finally had caught him I held onto him while I called my parents and told them what happened. My mom started crying and my dad held his emotions in being strong for the both of us. I picked Val up off the floor when the medics arrived and had her help me put the horses away and feed them before we raced to the hospital. She ran out to get Dream while I unsaddled Mischeif quickly and put the saddle on a random saddle rack in the tack room. I put a light blanket on him like I saw on Dream and led him to his stall. I found a little laminated paper on his stall stating what he was to be given daily. I walked to the feed room and put in 6 cups of grain, a little spoonful of the joint stuff, the spoon full of fiber, and then I mixed it all about. I grabbed a flake of hay and walked back to his stall. I gave him his food, checked his water, then went to find val. She was in her horses stall holding his grain bucket for him while he ate and talking to him while she was crying. I watched her for a moment then called out to her telling her we had to go. At this point all I could feel was numbness. I couldn't feel any pain. I didnt know what to feel at this moment in time. I felt like a zombie knowing that Willow was in the hospital severely hurt. Vally hopped in Willows car and started it driving off. I hopped in my own and raced after her. It only took us 15 minutes to get there. My parents were in her room looking at her.