𝟕 • 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐍

Start from the beginning

"Nothing, I wouldn't let her get involved in something that includes being near you all the time." I respond, half-joking and half not wanting to explain something I'm not sure of yet.

"Yet, you don't hold the same standards for yourself or you would've walked away by now." He comments and I see him pause for my response from my peripheral vision. 

"I'm not scared of you, Johnny." I blankly state as I break off another piece of cookie.

"Never said you were."

"Then stop acting like it." I snap back, but he shrugs at the response.

"I don't act, I'm an honest guy."

"Lie number two." I mouth the words while holding up two fingers, swaying them back and forth playfully.

"You're keeping count now?"

"Be careful what you say next. One more and it's three strikes."

"Fuck off," He scoffs with an exasperated expression.

"Have fun with that. You're the one that came up to me need I remind you."

"Bad mistake." He states as he lifts off the wall to walk away.

"Nice talking to you too, Lawrence." He ignores my sarcastically cheerful tone as he aims for Dutch and Tommy across the room.

Successfully, I dodge the chicken man that contains raw eggs in his feathered hands, but Daniel isn't as successful as an egg yolk runs down his forehead. He groans as he smears the slime with his hand, attempting to be able to see the bathroom.

"I'm gonna go wash this off, I'll be back." He assures us and we're unable to hold back our fit of laughter as the boy hurries to the restroom.

He's only in there for just under a couple of minutes when the metal door flies open and he sprints out, the polka dot curtain flowing behind him.

"It's comin' around!" The dark-haired boy exclaims as he tosses the shower head into Ali's arms. Several skeletons slide down the wooden gymnasium floor with a flowing stream of water below their feet and tumble into one big pile.

"Oh, shit," I mutter before snatching the halo accessory out of my hair and scrambling after the furious group of boys.

I attempt to push myself to get in front of the four, but the exhilaration causes a growing sense of tightening in my chest and I fall a few yards behind them. When I finally catch up, Daniel is being ripped down from the top of the fence and thrown to the ground.

"Johnny." Tommy presses when his eyes set on me and the blonde pauses to glance back as Daniel slides down the wired fence with agony written all over his face.

"Shit," I mutter as Dutch receives a look from Johnny and he begins stalking over to me, his arms spread out to catch me.

My stomach drops at the sight and instinctively, I drop myself into a lower stance and put my fists up. The hulking boy laughs the action off and continues toward me in a sprint before I kick him in the stomach and strike him in the back of the head once he hunches over.

Tommy and Bobby's eyes grow wide and I suddenly acknowledge my trembling body caused by the rapid boost of adrenaline. "Daniel!" I shout as the half-conscious boy glances up at me with exhausted eyes, but they instantly shut in a wince when Johnny kicks his stomach again.