"And Mason was the best person she felt she could talk to?" I snapped.

Isabelle shrugged. "He talked some sense into her, at least."

Frustrated, my hand tightened around my glass. "And how did that go?" I looked around the bar, then returned my eyes to Isabelle's. "I don't see her here coming to me to apologize for overreacting. Which is exactly what she fucking did."

Yes, I'm angry, as I have every right to be.

My eyes narrowed. "Where is she now?"

She shrugged. "I have no idea. All she told me was that she was back."

Isabelle knows where Eloise is. I can see it written on her face. I've known Isabelle for a long time and have picked up whenever she lies; the birthmark on her neck brightens.

And it's bright as fuck right now.

I should call her out on the lie—but I won't. With the anger that's been building inside me these last three weeks, I know if I were to call Isabelle out, I'd end up saying things I don't mean. Then Rory will get involved, and it'll be one huge fight.

So, I settled by saying, "Whatever."

"See what being a womanizer all these years did to you? It hurt your fucking reputation and chances of ever having a decent relationship, Callum," Greyson scolded. "Eloise was probably the best woman to have ever entered your life, and you screwed it up."

I ripped the glass from my mouth, slamming it on the table, responding to him with gritted teeth, "I did nothing wrong. Nothing..."

"I understand you did nothing wrong. But your history with women isn't the greatest, my friend. And because of how you were with not wanting to be exclusive with anyone for years, and seeing you walking out of a private room with a pregnant woman and others following behind, I can see where Eloise's mind was. She thought the worse. Which is expected. So, Callum. What will you do to prove to her that she's worth giving up having one-night stands and meaningless sex as you've been? What will you do to show her you'd rather spend the rest of your life with her? If that's what you want, of course."

Whatever it fucking takes. That's what I'll do. Because Eloise is who I want to spend the rest of my life with. And I will do everything I can to show her; I meant every fucking word when it comes to her and me.

***

Just for shits and giggles, I tried calling and messaging Eloise in case she had unblocked me. And, of course, no surprise there. I'm still fucking blocked—for no fucking reason.

When I entered my kitchen and saw the bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue sitting at the center of my counter, I immediately headed for it. Instead of grabbing a glass and pouring myself a drink, I brought the bottle to my lips, wrapped my mouth around it, and chugged. Chugging on it like my life depended on it until my phone rang.

I yanked the bottle from my mouth, liquid splashing everywhere, and slammed it on the counter. Then, seeing it was Trent's name on the screen, I ignored it. After all, this is his fault Eloise called things off between us.

Well, he didn't, really. But right now, it sounds fucking right to accuse him of what happened. He was the one who called and told me I needed to get to the club right away. He was the one who told me to cancel my plans with Eloise. He was the one who could have told Arnie that we could have met later since I had just landed after being away for a few days.

So yeah, I'm a little bitter toward him.

However, I also can't blame him entirely, either. I have a voice. I could have insisted we meet later that day. But no. My mistake was I was thinking about my girl and how happy she'd be to see I bought her a club for her to run.