01.03 (2)

I wrapped up episode 3 in this chapter that's why it's nearly 9,000 words!

Thank you for all the kind words and support for this story, it means the world<3

Please enjoy!
———

The Twinkie was full of tension as Pope, once again, told us how bad of an idea it was to get the drone. JJ was currently sitting on the floor of the van packing a cone as I watched intently, Kie was in the front seat next to John B, and Pope was watching the scenery as we passed.

"Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality," Pope quoted and I sat back in my seat, my arms crossing comfortably over my chest.

"You come up with that?" I asked and crossed my feet over one another, JJ scooted forward a bit so they rested on his legs. Ever since that night at John B's he's been obsessed with physical touch, always having his hand on my in some type of way.

"No, Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." Pope explained sarcastically, a bit of attitude in his voice, as he looked at me, "So, which is it?" He turned a bit in his seat to face all of us, his question open for anyone to answer, "Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asked as he licked the wrapping paper and made sure the joint was as perfect as he could. I stifled a small laugh as my sister spun around in the passenger seat.

"It's fantasy, but possible reality." She answered.

"I'm leaning towards reality," I chimed in happily, "but with our luck it's complete fantasy."

"Reality." John B then answered confidently, like he knew the outcome of this gold hunt would be good. We can only hope that his words held truth.

"Virtual reality," JJ mumbled as he flicked his lighter and brought it to the joint between his lips. Out of excitement I sat onto the floor of the van and crossed my legs, ready to pass it back and forth.

Just as he was about to light it, Pope snagged the joint and flicked it behind the seat, "Keep the signal clear."

"Pope!" I scolded and held my hands up, "bro, that's the good shit!" I crawled on top of the seat and began searching for the perfectly rolled blunt. No matter how hard I looked, I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Come on, Lani." My sister called out. I rolled my eyes and huffed in defeat as I reached for the handle of the sliding door.

"You know what your problem is?" JJ asked Pope as I climbed over him, one of his hands on my leg as I did.

"You?" Pope snapped and I chuckled. The way they argued reminded me a lot of me and Kie, they had a brotherly type of friendship.

"No. It's that you need to relax, man. You're always so tense." JJ argued, "Wait, LeiLei." He stopped me and paused his argument long enough to pull me gently towards him and place a kiss onto my lips, "be careful."

"I will." I assured and held onto his hand as I walked away, they disconnected when I got too far and he closed the van door behind me.

"Hey, don't worry. You guys got this." John B encouraged as I rounded the van to the drivers window.

"It's not us that I'm worried about," Kie said as she backed away and pointed to the back seats of the van.

"Keep JJ's head on straight while I'm gone." I joked. I then turned around and made my way behind Kie and to her car, which we had hooked the boat up to for our plan, "You ready for this?" I asked as we got into the front seats and closed our doors of the Nissan.