01.02

I got the entirety of episode two into one chapter since there was a lot of scenes I couldn't write because of the pogues not being there for them.

Anywho, I really hope everyone is enjoying this story so far! I'm having a lot of fun writing it:)

If you're reading this, comment if you're okay with really long chapters! :)
———

JJ's pov

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you." I said from the passenger seat of the van, "She's like 'oh, John B'. She's sketchy about you diving, then she kissed you, bro!" I held my hands up and exclaimed so he would understand my point.

"She kissed me on the cheek," John B deadpanned and I rolled my eyes, "It's not like we were makin' out! And what's with you and Lei? Can't tell me there's nothing there." He pointed to me and I shifted in my seat.

It's not that I didn't enjoy talking about Leilani, it's that once I started I didn't think I'd be able to stop, "Okay, for one, it's Lani to you, only I get to call her Lei—"

"Point proven, love is in the air," He chuckled and I huffed, "You don't even like when anyone else calls her 'Lei', whenever she's around you get all blushy and shit." His hand rubbed his cheeks and I swatted his forearm.

"I don't blush." I argued, feeling defeated when I realized maybe my feelings for her were more obvious than I thought, "We almost kissed.."

"What? When?" JB whipped his head towards me and I found my lips forming into a smile just thinking about it as I remembered how close her lips were to mine.

"The party at the boneyard then at the chateau. I can't though, man, I'm just gonna fuck it up with her." I tried explaining. Leilani deserved the entire world and then some, she deserved more than me.

"Here's the thing about her, JJ," He looked back to the road as he drove, "she would set the world on fire just to keep you warm and I know things have been weird since everyone is asking if I still have feelings for her and I promise you, I don't."

"So what do I do?" I asked him, ready to hear any advice he would throw my way, "And what about no pogue on pogue macking? You made that rule." I shook my finger at him.

"I made the rule so the friendship wouldn't get ruined, but you and Lani are different. I say go for it, man."

"I don't know..." I slid down in the passenger seat more and I could feel his scolding gaze, "Okay, alright, I-I'll talk to her when the time is right."

"That's better," He squeezed my shoulder and shook me around, I shrugged him away as we both chuckled. When the van became silent I reached forward and grabbed the compass off the dash, John B quickly grabbing onto my hands, "Hey, don't—"

"I'm just looking at it," I argued and studied the compass, "I gotta admit, your fathers compass in Scooters boat, that's freaky."

"Yeah. That's why we're going to talk to Ms. Lana, figure this whole thing out." He explained and I slowly nodded, knowing the plan.

"I'm sure she would just love to talk to us," I sarcastically responded and slipped my feet comfortably onto the dash. In my pocket I felt my phone vibrate and grabbed it.

LeiLei
Morning loser

I unintentionally smiled at the screen and responded before John B could tease me about it.