9. 𓆤 (i know what you did last summer)

THE FIRST TIME ETHAN SAW A GHOSTFACE MASK, IT WAS BECAUSE OF A MOVIE RICHIE WAS WATCHING WHEN THEY WERE KIDS. In fact, Ethan's childhood was filled with memories of his older brother and his obsession with horror movies. 

It all started with the classics: Halloween, Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Silence of the Lambs, and I Know What You Did Last Summer. Richie loved it when the killers were real people, not ghosts or demons or killer clowns, and his favorite movie of all was Stab.

As Ethan thinks back to those days, he remembers how Richie's obsession with the real-life Stab murders only grew over the years. Their father, Wayne, encouraged it too, often taking them to horror movie conventions and letting Richie watch R-rated movies at a young age.

Ethan was never really into horror movies like his brother. He always found them too silly, too much fake blood and bad acting. But he couldn't deny the thrill that came with watching a good horror flick with his brother, who would always add his own commentary and theories about the killer's motives.

As they got older, Richie's obsession became more intense, and Ethan could see that it was starting to take a toll on his brother's mental health. He would spend hours researching the real-life murders that inspired the Stab movies, trying to figure out who the killer could be, if the police had gotten it wrong.

Ethan would often catch Richie talking to himself in his room, muttering about the killer's next move, about its next victims. It was unsettling to see his brother so consumed by this obsession.

But Wayne always encouraged Richie, telling him that his love for horror movies was just a phase and that he would grow out of it eventually. Ethan knew that this was far from the truth. He could see that Richie's obsession was only getting worse, and he worried about what it would lead to.

It ended with Richie stabbing Tatum in the back six times and throwing her down the stairs so she could die alone. It was Sam Carpenter who offed Richie in the end, but if Ethan had been there, shit, he'd have done it himself.

Ethan doesn't think he's a monster, not the way some people like to say he is. Sure, he's done some things, but he's not heartless. He has a conscience, after all. It's just that some things are easier than others, and killing is one of them.

Sometimes, late at night, he thinks about Anika. He can still hear the sickening crunch of her skull hitting the dumpster below the window. It had to be done, of course, but it still haunts him. He thinks about Chad too, the way he barely survived and can never play football again. It's not his fault, really. They were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Mindy, on the other hand, he doesn't think about much. She was kind of a pain, always whining and complaining. Plus, he heard she was fine. That girl knows how to get stabbed.

To Ethan, killing is just a part of the natural order. Humans were made to kill for their own survival, and it's only because of society's rules that people think it's wrong. But Ethan knows better. It's kill or be killed out here, and he's not going down without a fight.