I followed Park Deokgu and Lee kiyoung, carrying our bags, walked past the leeches surrounding Kim Hyunsung and headed inside.

Inexplicable gazes followed us all the while.

While walking, Park Deokgu spoke with a hint of uneasiness.

“Hyung-nim, you really won’t share with them?”

“We are not volunteers.”

“Well, I know that but… I don’t feel very good about it. And the expressions of those people who went out to greet us were kinda…

“Why do you care about how they look at you?”

“I-I just don’t like it…”

“They’re the ones who should be thanking us for risking our lives and bringing them food, Deokgu. The idea of even supporting baggage like them is laughable. The place we’re staying in right now is Kim Hyunsung’s shelter. We’re not one of them. We helped them as much as we were helped, and we even gave up some food that we were supposed to get. It’s the least we could do. Kim Hyunsung knows that, which is why he hasn’t said anything…”

"He's right, I saw earlier the way they handled the food we brought them, they took it from us without gratitude like it's a natural thing to do, I almost thought that they think it's our duty to bring the food while they help us eat it, but I guess this is the bad habit they picked after being babysit by Hyunsung."

I added my thoughts after hearing the conversation between them so that I wouldn't be left in the dark.

“Umm…”

“Just like Ayanokouji said, If they want better treatment, they can also pick up a sword. Well, maybe if I were in their shoes, I would also have had a hard time doing that… Maybe Kim Hyunsung wants them to be motivated by us. I’m not sure what the outcome will be.”

“Ahh… So when they see us taking so much food, they would realise they also have to fight to be treated likewise?”

“That’s the desired effect.”

I guess what he said make sense, since he was able not only to survive but also had the time to build a shelter and take care of this people.

That guy wasn’t stupid. It was possible that he was hoping for something along those lines to occur.

While we were trudging over to the place where I will be staying, it's also where the both of them usually stayed, I noticed Some people were cleaning up their surroundings, while others moved heavy stones to fortify the shelter.

'well, at least they're not completely useless.'

‘Lee Jihye.’

She was in charge of these people.

It was her job to distribute food and report any issues to Kim Hyunsung.

She was also the first to come out to greet him.

While thinking about this, I heard Lee kiyoung calling his meat shield .

“Deokgu-yah.”

“What is it?”

“Do you remember Jung Hayan?”

'Jung Hayan, who's that.'

“Are you talking about the lady with the injured leg who was clinging onto you earlier?”

“That’s right.”

He took out some food from his bag and handed it to Park Deokgu.

“I want you to give this to her, and see if she’s okay.”