Argument

Hazel's POV

As Alexander and I were happily talking about our plans for after school, my little sister Mei walked out of her room.

"Big sister!" She shouted.

"Hello Mei." I stated.

"Hello Mei." Smiled Alexander.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Alexander and I were just talking." I responded, smiling slightly.

Mei switched to Cantonese and smirked "Were you talking about kissing him."

"Mei that is not appropriate." I uttered in Cantonese, blushing furiously.

"What would father say if I told him. Hazel and Alexander sitting in a tree..." Mei smirked.

She stopped as my father walked out of his room. I hoped she didn't tell him. Alexander looked confused as to why I was bright red seeing as he didn't know what Mei had said.

"Ah there you are Mei, I wonder where you was. Hello Hazel and...ah Mr Arcady how...nice to see you." My father commented.

I carefully tapped Alexander's hand in Morse code.

.. .----. -- / ... --- .-. .-. -.-- / .- -... --- ..- - / .-- .... .- - / -- -.-- / ..-. .- - .... . .-. / -- .- -.-- / ... .- -.--
I'm sorry about what my father may say

Alexander shot me a smile then tapped my hand back.

.. - .----. ... / --- -.- / .... .- --..
It's ok Haz

"Hazel where are your friends. I think you should stay with Miss Wells and Miss El Maghrabi rather than Mr Arcady. I want you to be safe at all costs." My father instructed.

Did my father just insinuate that Alexander might hurt me. Oh my golly gosh.

"Don't worry Mr Wong, I'd never let anything happen to Hazel. We were both feeling a little hot while we were outside so we came in to cool off a bit." Alexander smiled.

"Yes father, Egypt is a lot hotter than Hong Kong so I haven't gotten used to the temperature. Alexander and I wanted to cool down a bit before we rejoined our friends."

My father looked uncomfortable - I don't know what his problem is.

"Yes we'll, Hazel I don't like the fact that you are alone...with a boy. Perhaps I should supervise the two of you to make sure that you don't do anything... inappropriate." My father remarked.

"Father I am 15, I am perfectly capable to be alone with my friend." I stated cooly.

"That is the problem Hazel, you are 15, I don't know what you'll do." My father glared at Alexander.

"Father I have solved 8 murders and I found my brother who was kidnapped, I think I'll be fine on my own with Alex." I rolled my eyes then turned to Alexander. "So what were you saying about your most case?" I asked curiously.

"Well there was a dog that suddenly appeared in our school, since Western doesn't allow any form of pet George and I had to figure out where the dog came from." Alexander explained.

Mr Wong's POV

I was furious. My daughter was spending time alone with a boy. I was about to shout however I noticed something. As she spoke to the young Mr Arcady her eyes were alight with a fire of happiness that I had never seen before. He must mean a lot to her. I decided to leave the be...for now

Alexander's POV

Mr Wong turned on his heel and left - evidently angry that I was talking to Hazel alone.

Mei began talking in Cantonese and from the shade of red Hazel's face had turned, I gathered that she was embarrassing her.

Hazel began shouting in Cantonese and I was surprised. I had never really heard her talk in Cantonese however it was fascinating.

Mei left, wearing the same look Daisy does when she apologises without really meaning it. I turned to Hazel, a curious expression on my face.

"What were you saying?" I asked.

"Ah well Mei was teasing me about the fact that we were sat alone together, she then kept singing a childish song so in the end u shouted at telling her to leave me alone and it wasn't her place to talk to me like that." She explained.

I grinned at her "well done for standing up for yourself Haz."

"I feel kinda bad however at least she's not furious at me." She sighed.

I put my arm around her and pulled her into a hug. She laid her head on my shoulder and smiled. After gently kissing her cheek, I brushed a strand of hair out of her eye and smiled contentedly. It was nice spending time with Hazel - just the two of us. She means the world to me. I think I love her.