Casebook

Hazel's POV

As Alexander and I were casually chatting about cases, I realised that he didn't know much about the Anniversary murder.

"Alexander, I have my casebook on the Anniversary murder, did you want to have a look?"

"That sounds great. Hazel please call me Alex, I like it when you call me it." He smiled.

I had to stop myself from swooning - he looked so handsome. The Egyptian sun bounced off his blonde hair making it look gold, his blue eyes shined and his mouth was quirked up in a grin.

"Oh um ok, call me Haz. No one has ever shortened my name before, I liked it when you called me it." I responded, my cheeks turning a faint pink.

We walked along the corridor next to each other - standing closer than normal. The butterflies in my stomach were making me feel giddy with excitement.

I opened the door to mine and Daisy's compartment and stepped inside, followed quickly by Alexander.

He shut the door behind him and I walked over to my trunk and dug around for my casebook. After a minute or so, I found the right one and stood up  before turning to face Alexander.

He was was looking at me with a rather unusual expression on his face, I couldn't quite tell what it was.

I sat down on my bed, leaning against the headboard then gestured for him to come and sit next to me. He nervously walked over and sat next to me on my bed.

"Here's the casebook." I smiled.

"Thanks Haz." He grinned.

We sat in silence as Alex flicked through my case book until he asked "you were excited to get my letters?"

I blushed but nodded. Alexander blushed then after hesitating, put his arm around me and pulled me into a hug.

It was the best thing in the world. My head was pressed against his chest and with every breath I could smell the scent of his cologne. It smelt nice.

"You've changed quite a bit since the last time we saw each other Haz." He stated.

"No I haven't, you have though." I responded.

"You have Haz, you've definitely grown. You look very pretty." He said, his ears going red.

I blushed. Alexander Arcady called me pretty. He called me pretty.

"Don't lie Alex." I mumbled.

"Hazel look at yourself, you're the prettiest girl ever." He responded.

I was not sure that I believed him however it still made me turn bright red. My heart was fluttering it felt like I was dreaming.

"You've changed too Alex, you're much taller and you're tanned and you look very handsome." I smiled.

Alexander blushed bright red then muttered, his American accent think "I erm that's not true I'm."

I giggled.

"What?" He asked.

"Your accent is so American, it's mostly noticeable when you get embarrassed or when you hear you talk for the first time." I explained.

Alexander's POV

"Is there a problem with my accent?" I asked as I ran my fingers through my hair.

She noticed the change in my accent. She thinks I'm handsome. She pays attention to me.

"Nope I like your accent." She grinned.

I grinned back "that's good."

I pulled Hazel close to me and breathed in the smell of her hair - it smelt like roses - it was heavenly. Her head was resting on my chest which was the best feeling in the world. Before I knew it, we both fell fast asleep.