Chapter 2- Master of my Fate

Start from the beginning

"I'm not much of a musician, but I can, si."

The song Bowser was interesting to say the least. Once he finished, Luigi clapped politely. He couldn't help but feel even more enchanted by Bowser's surprisingly smooth singing voice.

"Thoughts?"

"I liked it. Repeating her name was a smart choice."

"Are you just saying that?"

"No...?"

"This will win her heart for sure. She'll be practically begging me to propose after I serenade her!"

"And if she doesn't?"

Bowser scowled. "She will."

Luigi sighed and climbed off the massive piano bench. "That's your problem. You can't force love."

He was suddenly reminded of the koopa who had said something similar.

"What if she says no?"

It had not ended well for that random koopa.

He felt a low growl in his throat.

"Don't talk all smart with me, I'm still your---"

"No, listen, please." He pleaded, which made Bowser rethink using his fire breath. To his surprise, he let Luigi explain.

"I understand you have feelings for her, but you still need to respect her answer if she says no. Grand gestures are nice, but they aren't a guarantee."

"Then what's the point?"

"The point is having a mutual connection with that person. Mutual as in, you both agree to start a relationship."

Bowser turned his attention back to the piano. "Hmph. Human emotions are strange."

"That's what makes us so interesting, I guess." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. "I liked your singing though."

Bowser stared at him suspiciously. "You did?"

"Of course," Luigi said. "It was very nice. You...sound very nice."

He grunted in response, which almost sounded like 'thanks'.

"It's a nice hobby. Helps me keep my mind off things." He admitted. "What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yes, what activities do you enjoy doing? Unless all you do is unclog sinks."

Luigi chuckled. "Well, er, I like to cook a bit. Before we moved, I also gardened."

"Gardened?"

"Yes, I haven't done it in a while though."

"So you like flowers."

"I...yeah?"

"The Princess likes flowers." He commented. "The non biting ones. Perhaps I should consider getting her some..."

After the second encounter, Luigi was free to roam the castle unsupervised. There was no explanation, just a simple comment from Kamek and that was it.

At some point he found himself down a hallway with several differently decorated doors. The one that stood out to him was a sign on the door that read 'KEEP OUT' with several crudely drawn skulls. He decided that it would be best to stay away from that one.

He returned to his own room shortly after, seeing as he wasn't in the mood to be bombarded by various koopas. With his luck, he could get a nap before dinner.