Chapter 2- Master of my Fate

Start from the beginning

"Well, for starters I'ma prisoner and I'm currently staying at a room better suited for a luxury resort hotel. Minus the, ah, volcano in the distance."

She hummed. "King Bowser didn't want you to be in a cage anymore with the others. He didn't actually say why though. It could be a way of saying thanks? I really don't know."

Luigi dipped his head in acknowledgement that they were both confused.

"Oh! One last thing before I go, since you brought him up~" Goombella said. "Bowser requested to see you again. Urgently."

He paled, now feeling queasy. "Oh?"

"You will be escorted there promptly after you finish eating." She took the tray and cheerfully scurried away, oblivious to his growing anxiety.

Luigi had no clue where he was being taken this time, but once again he found himself following the cranky wizard koopa.

There were in the lower parts of the castle, where not many guards roamed, and the halls were dimly lit. He could hear the muffled melody of a piano forte playing in the distance.

"His evilness is in here." Kamek finally said, opening the door with his magic.

Luigi stepped inside albeit very hesitantly.

The stone covered walls decorated the echo filled room. It was bigger than the throne room, however there was nothing in it, no furniture of any kind, save for a red and gold tapestry with the Koopa King on it. Aside from that, there was also a piano.

And Bowser was playing it.

Bowser seemed almost connected with the music. His claws were surprisingly dainty as he played the sweet sonata to a slow tempo.

He felt something inside him as he watched the Koopa play. Bowser's eyes were full of bliss, yet still had some concentration, while Luigi's heart thumped in his chest. By the time Bowser had finished, he found himself only able to utter one word.

"Bellissimo..."

Bowser stopped playing abruptly to turn towards the man by the door. "Hm?"

"You play incredibly."

He suddenly looked like a deer in the headlights. He hadn't even heard Luigi come in! And here he was, watching him play and complimenting it?

"What? Um- I---oh--" Bowser refrained from showing any sign of being flustered. "Duh, of course it is. I told you I'm a genius at this." He gestured towards the piano bench for Luigi to sit next to him. "Although between you and me, my son taught me that one. He's more fond of classical stuff and I like to humor him."

"You're a father?"

"Don't act so surprised, I need to keep my awesome legacy alive." Bowser replied. "That's also why I wanted Peach to be in their life. To have another parental figure to help me guide them ...it's all I want for them. Another strong role model." He stopped, worrying he was becoming too mushy.

"Besides, I'm quite the catch if you haven't noticed."

Luigi blushed as Bowser sent him a quick wink.

"And yes, I'm a proud father of eight."

"Eight?"

He smirked. "Indeed."

"Mamma Mia..." Luigi coughed, took a quick glance at the sheet music, then back at Bowser. "Well, you have a lot of talent regardless. In piano!"

Bowser's eyes darted away, as if he were embarrassed. "Yeah, whateverthanksIguess. Anyway, I thought about what you said, and I spent all night writing this song for Peach. Will you listen to it?"