- 1O ▎

• Jadah |'

-

"He, um, pressured me to ran away with him." I explained, my throat becoming dry. "Threatened that if I didn't, he would kill all of you guys all at once - so I went with him. He abused me since then. Made me work and when I would get paid, he would take the money to himself. He tortured me.

"Then, I met Trey at work. I was his waitress and he've been helping me since then. I never did any drugs. I never ran away because I didn't love you guys and for not feeling comfortable. All of these bruises," I pointed at them. "Is because he abused me, like he did last night."

"Oh my gosh, honey." My mom came and embraced me. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have let you leave with him last night."

I nodded and pulled away. My dad stood up with shock and anger written all over his face. "We have to do something about this, right now."

"No," I shook my head. "We can't."

"Why not?" Kourtney threw her hands up. "Please don't tell me it's because you're still in love with him."

"He'll kill me." I said, lowly. "In a heartbeat."

My mom continued crying as she stare at my bruises. I felt self conscious already. I shrugged, "Just let him abuse me, I'm used to it."

"Fuck no." Dominique and Trey said firmly in unison.

"Your mom and I will take care of it." My dad spoke. "Meanwhile, the only places you'll be allowed to go is to school and stay home. For your safety."

I nodded, knowing it was only for the best. My sister came and hugged me, crying on my shoulder. My brother walked out, slamming the door behind him. Kourtney pulled away and I went after him. He got in his car and started it.

"Dom, wait!" I yelled and sped walk over to his car. He unlocked the door and for in the passenger seat. "Look, I'm sorry I never told you. I was just so scared and-"

"You tell me everything, Jade." He clenched his jaws. "Why didn't you feel the need to tell me this? You know how over protective I am over you and Kourtney."

"Because I care for my family, so I ran away with him so he won't kill y'all. You gotta understand that I was scared, Dom. I did what every other scared teens would do." I shrug slightly. "Please get back in the house."

"No." He refused.

"I know what you're about to do." I told him. "Don't you think by going after Derrick will just make everything worst? Mom and Dad said they were gonna take care of it."

"And what exactly are they gonna do?" He questioned, raising a brow at me. "All they're gonna do is make sure you're safe and you're at home at all times. They not gonna do shit."

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you should." I sighed. "Just leave it alone. I'll just stay home all the time after coming from school. I'll just deal with it. I don't want you to do something you'll probably regret because of me."

"Fine. But, I'll just drive around and calm myself."

I nodded and got out of his car. "Thank you." He did a small smile at me before I walked back inside the house.

I look down at myself, laughing a little realizing I was still in my sport bra. I went to my room and put my shirt back on then back to the living room.

"Well, I would like to finish watching Divergent." Kourtney spoke.

They all sat down to their previous seat and Trey and I sat on a two sweater couch by ourselves. Dad replayed the movie. Trey had been texting someone for the past five minute. I'm guessing it was Melanie or some other girl.