49, Article

DYLAN O'BRIEN AND CARA BROOKS OFFICIALLY DATING!

by Wendy Acosta, for SNAP! Weekly

Those of you who follow Dylan O'Brien, best known for his roles on MTV's Teen Wolf and The Maze Runner, are probably aware of the tense 'will they, won't they' scenario he found himself in with model Cara Brooks. Despite having only known each other for a few short months, onlookers have commented that the pair have 'undeniable chemistry' and have speculated that the two are more than friends. Brooks' break-up with her boyfriend only served to fuel fans' theories, which came to a head yesterday when O'Brien confirmed that he and Brooks had entered into a romantic relationship in this statement which was later re-shared by Brooks herself.

For those of you who aren't aware, O'Brien and Brooks' relationship began in January of 2023 when Shelley Hennig, O'Brien's Teen Wolf co-start (and short-lived love interest) and Brooks' cousin, posted this photograph of herself and Brooks. What started as Hennig innocently sharing a family photograph soon sparked a friendship between Brooks, O'Brien, and other members of the Teen Wolf cast. Followers of the pair have had the luxury of watching their relationship play out over social media, particularly via Brooks' Instagram where O'Brien and other cast members often left comments on her posts. The pair didn't officially meet until March when O'Brien, along with Hennig and co-stars Tyler Posey, Holland Roden, and Dylan Sprayberry flew out to attend the birthday party of Brooks' younger sister, YouTube creator Moony Brooks.

The cast visited once more (this time with Crystal Reed) before Brooks ended her relationship with her boyfriend of three years, Spencer. Though neither party mentioned Dylan in particular as a reason for their break-up, many speculated that the split was largely due to his and Brooks' relationship. Many claimed that Brooks ended her relationship so she could be with O'Brien. While that might be true, many have praised Brooks for not immediately 'jumping into a relationship' with O'Brien.

 While that might be true, many have praised Brooks for not immediately 'jumping into a relationship' with O'Brien

Brooks and O'Brien pictured on the same day they confirmed their relationship.

Since the pair have confirmed their relationship, there have been a number of comments dubbing Brooks a gold-digger, as well as claiming that she is not good enough for O'Brien and is only using him for fame. The pair haven't addressed these comments, but there has been an influx of supportive comments defending Brooks and her relationship with O'Brien. One commenter stated that Brooks 'has made a name for herself' and therefore doesn't need Dylan to boost her image. Others have stated that Brooks 'could have easily used Shelley for the fame' if that was what she wanted, but instead she waited until Hennig herself was ready to reveal to the world that they are related. The negative comments have certainly put a bitter tinge on what is otherwise a happy occasion.

Social media comments and opinion aside, O'Brien and Brooks seem very happy with one another. Hennig, when asked on Twitter what she feels about their relationship, admitted that they 'compliment' each other—and that it was her worst nightmare come to life. Tyler Posey responded that Hennig accidentally introduced O'Brien to his 'soulmate' by posting that photograph of herself and Brooks.

---

forgot how to write articles so i'm giving up here okay xoxo