𝟴. 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗧 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗔 𝗖𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗞𝗬 𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗠𝗔𝗡

Vijayaprastha, Kadamba Rajya
Dwapara Yuga

Ahyan lay flat on his stomach, swinging his feet in the air, completely absorbed in the book before him. His almond eyes were misty, holding teardrops like dew on a winter morning.

"Fuck that general!" he exclaimed, slamming the book shut. "He's a selfish bastard for ruining Priya and Ravi's love story. Poor Priya, she deserved better."

The historical fiction novel that Mohana had given him for their project had taken him on a wild emotional ride. It made him feel everything from sweetness to anger, a joy to sorrow. The story of Lieutenant Ravi and Priya, set against the backdrop of war and social struggles in a time where birthright was everything, had gotten to him. Their love story was tragically cut short by fate, leaving shattered dreams and unfulfilled hopes.

Ahyan decided to bring this story to life through his art. Since he has free rein over story choice and art style, he chose 'The Song of Priyamvada' as the plot for his first comic.

So, there he was, hunched over his sketchbook, lost in his world of creativity. He was experimenting with different art styles, trying to find the perfect one to bring his characters to life.

As he experimented with various art styles, from old-fashioned to modern, he drew inspiration from a wealth of cultures including the vibrant Kadamba, the chic Persian, and the ornate Rajasthani. The clothes and jewellery of his characters were infused with intricate details and bold colours, reflecting the beauty and diversity of these cultures.

He missed the comforts of his own time, but he had grown to appreciate the simplicity of life in the mediaeval era. His love for art had kept him going, and he had worked tirelessly on his character designs through the night.

He woke up late and realised he missed breakfast, his stomach growling. He lazily got out of bed and freshened up, noticing his tired reflection. "I look like Aizawa," he chuckled. After eating the food Chandran left for him, he took a nap and woke up feeling refreshed. In the evening, he met with his writer friend at Malli Vanam. The writer's eyes shone with excitement as the artist unveiled his latest work.

The artist felt a sense of pride as the writer's eyes widened in amazement. His new art style was unlike anything the writer had ever seen before, and he couldn't stop staring at the intricate details in each character.

"These are truly amazing! How'd you come up with this style?" the writer asked in awe. The royal guest explained, "It's a combination of different techniques and styles from my hometown. They're quite popular there." Despite support from his family, he held himself to high standards and strived for perfection. Mohanavadana was awestruck by the guest's talent and character, and they grew closer through their interactions. The writer nodded, thoroughly impressed.

The artist chuckled, feeling renewed purpose in leaving his mark on the world through his art.

For the rest of the week, they worked on creating some sample storyboards and dialogues to make panels that they could show to the book's author and get their permission to turn into a comic.

After finishing the final draft of their work, Mohanavadana suggested, "We should meet Neelakanta tomorrow, the author of this book, to ask for permission to adapt it into a comic. We might need to make some changes to the plot. He lives on the outskirts, so we should leave early, preferably at sunrise. But be warned, he can be a bit eccentric."

Ahyan chimed in, "What should we call it? There are many names based on the format and style, like manga, webtoons, and comics. But I want a name that locals can relate to."

Mohana pondered for a moment before suggesting, "Since it's meant to be entertaining and engaging, how about we call it Vinodaka?" Ahyan nodded in agreement. "I like it. Vinodaka it is."