Whispers at the Ziggurat

Start from the beginning

"Miel!" Vex yelled as she ran up to catch up to her brother

The warlock quickly stood up and summoned her own blades. There's no way she'd be able to beat Vax, but there was no way she wasn't gonna defend herself. As his blades came down she brought hers up to block the blade. Sparks flew off the daggers as she blocked his and swiped his arm to the side, away from her. She turned and brought her leg up to kick him, but he brought is arm up in a block and wrapped his arm around her lower leg. He brought his dagger up to stab her leg. But Vex managed to ram into him, pushing him away from Miel.

"Miel! Hurry and do something!" Vex yelled as she tried to get Vax as far away from Miel as possible.

Miel groaned as she watched them go back and forth. "Why do you know me so well?" she grunted as she used her bow to pin his arm behind his back and pushed him away before kicking him in the face and sending him flying back. "Snap out of it you fuck! It's me!"

"I know" Vax said and brought out his dagger, managing to cut Vex's cheek.

"Please tell me you're still in there"

"Come on, Miel, think!" she grunted as she hit her head. She clenched her jaw as the jewel on her bracelet glowed. "Goddamn it!" she raised her hands and vines grew around Vax, wrapping around him to stop him from stabbing Vex. 'I can't think because I don't want to hurt him' she thought, 'try again.' Miel held her hands out and her eyes glowed grey as she tried again to push Sylas' mind control out of Vax.

Vax struggled to get out of the vines when he suddenly stopped. His eyes were shifting between gold and pink. He was frozen for a minute before his eyes stayed gold and he started to slash at the vines. 'Maybe closer?' Miel thought as she jumped down and ran up to him.

"Miel wait!"

She stopped in front of him and placed her hands hovering around his head. Her bracelet lit up as her eyes and his glowed pink. 'I'm so close. I can feel it' she thought as she grunted to stay concentrated with the bracelet burning her wrist. Vax's eyes were flickering back to gold. 'Just a bit more!' Right as she thought that Vax broke through the vines and grabbed the collar of her shirt. Miel gasped as the light went out and he swung her over his shoulder, throwing her behind him.

"Miel!"

Before Miel could get up, Vax came up to her. He stomped on her left wrist, breaking the jewel, and then using his dagger to stab her right hand clean through the palm. She shrieked in pain, and she swore she heard a snapping noise from her left wrist. Vax summoned his other dagger and was about to stab her again, when Vex ram herself into him again.

"Trust me, you'll regret that for the rest of your life" Vex said and ran after him.

Miel brought her left arm close to her chest but could not mover her right because Vax's dagger was still pinned to the ground. She looked over to the twins and saw Vax about to summons the dagger he used on her. Her eyes widened as she quickly looked at her right hand and created a barrier around it, strengthening the field and keeping the dagger trapped. When nothing came to his hand, Vax looked back to Miel and ran back to her.

"No, Vax!" Vex yelled as she ran after him

Vax glared down at her as he reached down and grabbed her by her hair.

"Vax, stop!" she cried

"release it" he demanded and grabbed her left wrist, getting a pained yell out of her but she didn't release the barrier. At this, he got both daggers and stabbed her upper arms. Miel let out another yell. When she still didn't let go, he twisted the daggers making Miel scream.