The Tide of Bone

Miel was frozen as she watched the horde walk closer to them.

"Holy shit!" Vax yelled as Percy shot one but it did nothing

"We may want to get out of here" Vex suggested

Vax dodged one that tried to bite him. "Miel! Aren't these things supposed to be slow!?" he asked as a whole group jumped on him. A black wobbly bubble then grew from him outward. Pushing the undead off him before it popped. He looked at Miel, who was shaking uncontrollably.

"Come on, let's move" Grog said

Vax ran up to Miel, grabbed her hand and started running. "Vex, she's shutting down!" he called

"In case I wasn't clear before, the undead freak me out" Scanlan said as they ran, "I mean, why?" One then fell in front of them, biting on the neck of a woman pleading for help. Scanlan yelled and the undead looked at him. It jumped at him, only for Cassandra to push him out of the way. The undead fell on her and she just kicked it off her.

"Excuse us. Coming through" Grog said as he slashed a path through the horde

"Everyone! Follow Grog!" Percy ordered and looked at Vax as they ran, "and what is the matter with her!?" he asked looking at Miel, who looked like she was in a trance as she ran

"Miel has a, uh, phobia of the undead" Vex said

"A warlock with a fear of the undead?" He gasped

"Ironic isn't it" Vax chuckled as he pulled her along, "she'll move but for the most part she's like this"

They ran down an alley and Vex shot one that was far. "More of them?" Keyleth made vines grow around the wall, blocking the rest of them.

"How many dead people are in your stupid town, Percy?" Scanlan asked

"Where'd they all come from?"

"Uh, the ground. That's where all dead people live" Grog said

"Cemeteries" Miel said shakingly, "t-the only place they can come from. They w-walk around a-and bite people, c-creating m-more of them o-or e-eating them."

"Easy" Vax tried to calm her down, but they suddenly heard more growling from a distance.

"Do you hear that?" Keyleth said as they all heard the footsteps and growling all around.

"Sounds like hundreds of them" Vex said

"Thousands" Percy added

"Okay, you're not helping me!" Miel shouted.

They all heard one from behind the group, but before they could react, someone cut it down. "This way! There's a safe house!" It was one of the rebels from before. They all followed her, right as the undead got through Keyleth's vine wall.

They came up to house that was boarded up. As soon as everyone was inside, they closed the door behind them.

"Thank the Dawnfather, you made it" Archibald said holding up a lantern

"Barley" Keyleth gasped

"We saw your message in the sky. Percival, what's our next move?"

"You're asking me?"

"Well, we...I-I assumed since you're the rightful heir..."

"Titles don't matter anymore. You're the leader Archiebald" he said and walked away

Miel was sitting down with her hands over her ears, trying to keep the growling noise out. Vax didn't know what to do. There wasn't much to do in this situation. How can he help her calm down when they're surrounded by the very thing, she fears the most.