ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

it was silent as sereyah got wheeled to chad's room. chad got more stab wounds than her so naturally it would take him bit longer to recover. she couldn't exactly get up and walk by herself to his room and she foreced the nurse to let her out of bed, she was going to actually die if she had to have one more scheduled check up by the same nurse exactly at the same time everyday and repeat. proud family reruns only make you feel better for a little.

roll in his room she saw him with his eyes closed, assuming he was sleep. when he heard somebody come in he opened his eyes and saw her face. sereyah saw his too and all the things hooked up to him. he had just been able to sit up since being stabbed in the stomach a lot. seeing her had relief flow through his body and he visibly let out a breath. everybody been telling him she been okay but seeing her right now set it in stone.

sereyah let out a small smile and the nurse set hed right next to him. she left and it was quiet for a second but then she looked around and saw martha or mindy wasn't here, "where's your mom and mindy?"

chad hearing her voice caused him to blank and look at her some more. he never glanced away from her face looking at all her features. he realized the question and answered, "they went to get everybody something to eat, assuming you're also tired of hospital food."

she nodded and it was in a comfortable silence for second relishing in the fact they both lived and chad got a bit teary eyed remembering how bad she was seeing her being wheeled out the house and not knowing if you were alive or not.

"i saw you getting wheeled out and somebody said they didn't have much time or you wouldn't have made it." chad started and sereyah looked at him, "that was so fucking scary and i laid outside for a while hour trying to keep my eyes open."

sereyah shook her head, "we don't have to—"

"but we do. this whole thing was just so fucked up and all i could think about is how much i wanted to tell you how i...how much i love you." he said it. he said the thing he's been wanting to say for awhile now.

sereyah had a tear coming down her eye, "chad it just happened and liv-"

"is dead." chad said very bluntly, "and she didn't derserve that, she was apart of my life, but that just encourages me to love you more, because i want to do it while we're alive. together. and you don't have to say it back, but you need to know that. you need to know how much i love you, rey."

sereyah was crying by the time he finished. overwhelmed with a lot of emotions and chad just scooted over as much as he could and motioned to the spot next to him. sereyah grabbed the end of the bed to lift herself and trying to to use her bad leg she sat on the bed next to him.

he pulled her closer as he could and she laid in his should with their hands intertwined in the middle of them. she held his arm with her other hand as if he'll disappear and he kissed her forehead.

"i love you." sereyah said and chad smiled lightly, "i love you, too."

notes
extremely short but i wanted
to finish this quickly cuz
i have some ideas for scream
six that i can't wait to write