Vol 1: Chapter 8: Swimming class and Papayanagi

Start from the beginning

"I bet they are betting about girls' breast size" I told them.

"Ewww, how low can they be?. Did you hear them say it Kiyone?" Kei asked me.

I just nodded.

"I am not going to attend the swimming classes guys. I hate perverts, I don't like them ogle me". Kei backed out.

"Come on Kei-chan, if that's your reason then you can never enjoy swimming" Maya tried persuading her.

But in the end, however we wanted to convince her, she didn't budge. This made me conclude that she has something to hide, about her body.

I don't think she will oppose the idea of swimming this much. It's understandable if she doesn't want those perverts to ogle her, but it won't matter if we were with her.

But she still denied us. It was safe to assume that this level of deniel was unnatural. So I concluded that she has a scar in her body. I already know she got bullied bad enough that she has PTSD.

This is new information. Now her reason for abnormal fear of bullying is clear to me.

Should I help her? Did I became soft? Nah who am I kidding. These are the thoughts I wish I had. I will try not to make Karuizawa my tool atleast for some time.

If I get a change of mind in this period then I will consider not tormenting her by making her work under me.

We were in the girls' changing room right now. I started changing into my swimsuit.

"Wow, your muscles are very toned Kiyone. Your workout sure gave splendid results. Your skin is smooth too~" Chiaki examined me.

Hehe~ Time to tease her.

"Ho, are you very interested in this hot body Chiaki? I wouldn't mind showing you everything privately" I whispered in her ears.

Smoke was coming out of Chiaki's ear. She was beet red. I think I broke her. I pitched her hip.

"Yeeep!!!" She tittered.

"Wh-what are you talking Kiyone. N-no I am not interested in your body ... though I won't mind the private session". She whispered the last part.

Though I heard it, let's pretend not to hear it so as to not tease her too much.

We changed into our swimsuits and went out way to the pool. We saw Ike-trash sniffing the air like a dog. In the corner I glared at Sotomura Hideo or rather 'professor'.

I know their little fiasco. I simply warned professor to not record anything or else he would face my wrath. Naturally he was afraid.

He also muttered something like 'main protagonist's request can't be denied by a side character like me'. I don't know what he meant, but he seems like what people call an Otaku.

Me Maya and Chiaki were talking about trivial stuffs, while Kei waved at us from the observation deck.

As soon as I saw the pool, I ran and dived into it. I played around like a child. Submerged inside and made bubbles with my mouth. I never enjoyed in a pool like this before.

In that room, only competitions and improvements were focused. So we naturally never had any free time. And we entered pool only to learn new techniques of swimming or to compete.

It was also the place were more than 23 percent of the 4th generation kids died. They drowned in the middle of swimming due to exhaustion, but never once the instructors tried to save them.

No use thinking about it. I need to think about now. The present. I am free. I can do silly stuffs in this pool. I can actually play. I don't actually care about these things, but whenever I do something that could never be done in that room, I feel accomplished.