( iv. )

𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑
chapter four

𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑〖  chapter four  〗

BASTARD MÜNCHEN loses the game.

Isagi scored two of Bastard's three goals, raising the price on him greatly. He grins and yells and claps Kurona's back, but it really isn't the same. He didn't earn those goals. They were given to him far too easily, in a way they wouldn't have been if Kaiser had been on the field.

He sighs, slamming his locker closed. He hasn't lost a game in a while, not since he and the rest of Rin's team went against the world's best, which barely counted. The mood in the room is somber, everyone speaking quietly if they speak at all.

Yukimiya nudges his shoulder. "You gonna be okay to get back to the room?"

He nods, sluggishly. He played the entire game today with metavision, and his practice paid off. He didn't collapse into anyone's arms this time, at least, but he did have to use Yukimiya as a crutch all the way back to the locker rooms.

He's exhausted, he can feel it seep into his bones. Despite his answer, Yuki still accompanies him back to the room, sticking close until he leaves for dinner.

Noa chews them out the next practice.

They situate themselves on the benches in front of a massive screen, showing slow-motion replays, goal-winning plays, and costly mistakes in hyperfocus. It can't even be called being "chewed out" - not when Noa's inflection doesn't change at all, not when complimenting or reprimanding.

Isagi commits every word to memory as he listens.

Noa calls him back before he starts his lunch break. For a brief moment, Isagi thinks he'll be reminded of what a hindrance to the team he will be until he gets his metavision under control, but Noa simply slides him two sheets of paper.

Isagi stares at them blankly, picking them up.

"Discharge forms," Noa states, clarifying, "For Kaiser." Isagi doesn't respond, so Noa continues. "Deliver them."

Another blink. "Yes, sir."

The dorms are empty with everyone on their lunch break, so Isagi doesn't have to worry about anyone seeing him. He doesn't entirely know why he feels relief - considering he has a perfectly viable reason to be seeking out Kaiser tangible in his hands - but feels relieved at the lack of players parading in the halls anyway.

Isagi goes to knock on the door, pausing when it automatically opens. "Kaiser?" He calls experimentally, but no one responds. Isagi strolls in anyways.

The bed is made. It's really the only difference Isagi can point out: the desk looks the same, the red streak hasn't been cleaned, and there isn't a spec of mess anywhere. The only difference from yesterday is that the bed is made. Isagi sets the papers on Kaiser's nightstand, hoisting himself onto the bed and swinging his feet.