Chapter 1

XxXxX

Boredom.

Not suddenly discovered, never heard off spell that would disintegrate her very essence.

Not a brave knight that would challenge her as the Queen of all Evil, trying to cleanse the world from her influence.

Not the reckoning that those two bastards promised with their return. Good luck with that by the way, she already was leagues ahead of them from that time.

Not that wimp of an ex-husband that thought that they were still in a stalemate. She had to help him so many times already that it wasn't even funny. She even had to rein in her minions so humanity would be able to survive.

Not even slipping on a soap in her bath, she was immortal after all.

It was boredom that would be the end of her.

The never changing scenery of her domain didn't help, the dark ground reaching to the horizon and the black pools ever birthing more and more minions.

Occasional dust crystal poking out of the ground.

She even once spent a few years watching one as it grew to kill the time. Okay… maybe it was a few hundred years but who would count? She still was able to stop any attempts of her ex-husband at reaching her.

If not for the fact that she didn't want to give him that satisfaction she would already let him end her.

That wimp probably wouldn't even be able to do that, just trying to bury her or something…

"My Lady! I've finished my work!" One of her human minions suddenly barged in, his glorious mustache (buffoon's own description) quivering with excitement.

"Already? That was fast…"

"I live to serve, My Lady! Truly, setting up a fully functioning and untraceable CCTS tower in only half a year is probably a new record!" Hearing her murmured words the still excited scientist replied, smiling as if she gave him a pat on the back.

Half a year? Wasn't he here only a few days ago? Never mind. Now that he was here he could provide some entertainment at least.

"Doctor… Watts, could you jog my memory about the project you just finished?" By those two bastards… She nearly forgot his name. That would be embarrassing, she would need to kill him and find someone new.

"Yes! The Cross Continental Transmit System! It's a technological marvel that originated from the Kingdom of Atlas that…"

"Atlas? That one that floats with magic for some reason?" She interrupted, suddenly remembering that she was supposed to send someone to verify that.

"That would be the city of Atlas, my grace. The whole kingdom was renamed as Atlas a few years after the city of Atlas was elevated to its position today." Watts replied, pushing a pair of glasses up his nose with one finger, making them glint with light for some reason.

Wait… Did he have glasses before?

"Wait… the Kingdom of Mantle was renamed?" That would explain the strange way her newest recruit looked at her when she talked about it.

"Quite a few years ago, yes."

"Hmm… had to slip my mind. Continue with your explanation." The everlasting Queen of Grimm gestured with her arm, not wanting her minion to think too much about her slip up. She could always replace him but searching for good minions was always such a chore.

"Yes, the CCTS is a marvel of technology that allows for nearly instant communication across the globe with anyone!" Okay… she didn't think that those grand gestures that the mustached man was performing were needed but for each his own.