Wilbur having godly grabbing power + the aftermath of that

(Wilbur's POV)

I saw Edith running off with rats as I caught up to her being dragged now. "EDITH!" I shouted as she turned around, before being pushed. My heart leaped as I ran quickly towards the open man-cover, dispersing the rats as they struggled to drag her down. I grabbed her coat as I felt my pants skid across the concrete. She wailed as she was suspended in the air. I slowly dragged her up as my arm strained. G-god I should've worked out– I grunted as I tried my best to not lose her, but she was hysterical. "N-No sweetie! Calm down...I got you!" I said, pulling her up as she clung to my body. I felt her climb up my arm as I held her close. I saw the rats staring at me as my vision of Edith was combined with tears and fear. I looked around as I kicked a rock down the sewer, scurrying away the rats. Stupid fucking animals...A crowd emerged as Edith was sobbing in my arms. I held her close, locking her into a hug as I cried as well. "Its okay...your alright..." I whispered, feeling my breath go into short pockets. I stood up, holding her close as I hurried out of the park. T-That could've been horrible...bad even... I don't think I can risk losing another... I ran back to the apartment as Edith hasn't stopped crying since I saved her from that attempted rat-napping.

I opened the door hastily as the cold air rushed in, shocking Maddie who was in the kitchen. "What ha–Why is Edith crying?" I walked past, still holding Edith as she looked confused at me ignoring her. "Wilbur–What happened with Edith-" "Rats...I-...I think someone forgot to feed them 'cause..." I said, choking back as she looked in shock. I revealed Edith, who was clinging onto my jacket for dear life as she pushed her hair back. "Oh...oh you poor thing...imagine what could've happened if we..." She paused as I saw tears erupting from her face now. I softly grabbed her arm as I felt the closure that could've been needed in this type of situation.

15 Years Later (1972)

(Edith's POV)

I was in my room, finishing up some homework when I heard my mom call for me. I picked up my little handbag, fluffing up my curls, and pulled down my sweater vest. I ran my fingers through my pants and stopped to look at my full-lengthed mirror. I think this is dece- "EDITH. IF YOU DO NOT COME DOWN RIGHT NOW WE ARE LEAVING!" I heard my mom shout as I rushed out of my room, jumping a couple of steps. "I-I'm here!" I called out, seeing my mom who looked rather upset. My dad holding my little brother, Drew, who was at this point looking like a dog. "Finally! I seriously thought you were dying up there." She said, upset as I shrugged. "Sorry!--I was zoning out and well draw-" "Edith I understand but please I do not want to get an earful from your mother." I heard my dad mutter as I sighed.

We were flying down to Florida to visit Aunt Nova & Uncle Glam. I never understood why, if we could just live in Florida at this rate. I sat in the car, as my dad was driving towards their house. Monologing about how he doesn't need a map to navigate. I saw Drew turn to me, who stuck his tongue out at me. "Twerp!" I said as Drew snickered. God...I sometimes wonder what my parents do...I mean considering the fact I most definitely heard them make this toddler. He was holding his hands together, overlapping each other. A funny part is the fact he could most definitely hold some sort of mental disorder. My side of the car was more so in the shade, due to my vampirism.

We made it to the house and I saw Nova running out, she was just at the beach cause she was still in a bathing suit. "Oh my god! Hey guys!" She said, hugging Drew and me. I was hesitant, but I hugged back before seeing Uncle Glam taking out our stuff. "Nice outfit." They said, which caught my attention. "Ah!-- Thanks! I bought it last week so..." I said, tugging on my vest. They smiled, before shaking their head. I was led to my room, which now had to be shared with Drew. "C-Can he not sleep in my room?" I asked as Dad shook his head. "Your mom's rules." He said as I groaned. "But he's–he's an actual handful! I had a plan for the summer Dad!" I cried as he shrugged. "And so did your mother; we're both on the same ship." I saw Drew sitting on one of the pullouts Uncle Glam gave as I glared. "You better not do anything," I said, placing my bag on the desk. He shrugged. "Not like I will." He said as I picked up a bathing suit. Maybe I should go shopping...eh...is it hot enough or do I gotta wait?