Part 3

but the rest just says how she lead herself to kill her husband and thats really it for this song. Except for one of the last lines, "say goodbye to the last parade", it isnt about the demolition lovers but theo says that it could be foreshadowing to the next album Welcome to the Black Parade and how Gerard was like "parade=death" or "you get paraded to your death" or whatever but i think its kinda cool :>.

You know what they do to guys like us in prison is (if you are fruity) kind of suggesting fruity behavior from the male demo lover. From the song we can tell that he gets sent to prison bc he presumably killed a bunch of people yknow. But in the opening lyrics we can see why he got sent to jail, "in the middle of a gunfight, in the center of a restaurant, they say "come with your arms raised high!"", which is pretty self-explanatory. Then the next lyrics are him having his inner self conflict about how his lover would disapprove of him killing all these people and how she wouldnt even want to see him anymore due to him being all psychotic and stuff. And he just keeps going on and on about she would never love him and how he needs to go tell her and then he has the great idea to start having gay sex in prison. The next lines say that everybody else in prison is being gay and thats not a huge suprise but it also suggest that the male lover could be getting used for pleasure from the other inmates. "They make me do puhups in drag" can be interpreted as the inmates are making him dress femininly when they fuck so that it doesnt seem "as gay"? I think it fits but thats dumb if your gay then go fuck a dude yknow. Then we can see how hes also going through a lot while hes in prison too, "but nobody cares if youre losing yourself, am i losing myself?", not only is he like going crazy about being in prison but hes also doubting whether or not this quest is even worth it anymore so ya( also bc of his sexuality crisis). Since hes having a midlife crisis about if hes gay or not he starts to doubt hes feeling for his lover and if their actually real or if hes been trying to tell himself hes not by getting with her. Then he starts thinking about dying again, "well i miss my mom, will they give me the chair? Or lethal injection or swing from a rope if you dare". Our protagonist is at the edge and being in prison is just ruining his mental state even more. At this point he is questioning his life, hes questioning his feelings for his lover, hes questioning his sexuality and the other inmates are being a huge help and contributing to his mental state even more by raping him. We then get the lyrics, "well i dont remember you, why remember you?", since hes so traumatized from his time in prison he is dissociating from the world and trying to block out the bad memories from living in jail. He then decides that he needs to see his lover and chooses to break out of prison with some other friends that were not total rapists to him. Yaayy group jail breakout 🎉 love the victorious reference theo.

We then have the next song the ghost of you, this is one of my favorite songs bc it makes me cry every time i watch the mv but the song is so good 🥲. "BUT MATT YOU JUST SKIPPED THE IM NOT OKAY SONG" WELL TOO BAD BC IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LOVERS EVEN THOUGH ITS MY FAVORITE MV IDC SHUT IT. anyway this song is mostly from the female lovers perspective which is great bc we havent seen what she's been going through at all really. Theo describes it as like they are singing together even though their apart in kinda like in a movie way idk. From the females perspective, "i never said id lie and wait forever," which shows how she is waiting for her lover to kill all these people. Then the next part RUINS THE WHOLE SHES NOT DEAD THING, "if i died we'd be together" it would seem like shes having survivors guilt or smth BUT LISTEN. iiiii think, that this is coming from the male lover bc he got resurrected anyways to be brought back to earth to get the souls and now hes saying that he wants to die again to be with her and im gonna stop ranting now. And then the next lines are from the male lover saying how he could never forget her bc he loves her too much but she could probably forget him even though we know thats not true and that shes suffering and shi. The male lover is now contemplating suicide thinking that if he does khs then hell get to see her and also thinking that hes killed enough people. Theyre kinda suffering together but she also doesnt know that hes even killing all these people she just thinks hes suffering in hell or whatevs.