Chapter Six: "If I win..."

Sean adjusted to sit on the edge of the bed, watching Dark closely. Was this a trick? Dark's light throaty chuckle made Sean bit his lip coyly. Nudging his foot with his own, Dark told him innocently. "Go on. Take a look. I'll wait here." Easing off the bed timidly, Sean narrowed his eyes on him, asking suspiciously. "What's the catch?" Rolling his eyes, Dark crossed his arms over his broad chest, upon saying. "No catch. You told me what you wanted. So, I'm giving that to you." Sean moved to the footpost of the bed, hugging it a little when he retorted over his shoulder. "But... aren't you afraid of what I'll do?" Dark raised an eyebrow. Sean's eyes took that moment to look down Dark's chiseled soft grey torso. His eyes lingering on the stab wound Anti had scared his stomach with and the thin cuts on his hip with Anti's initials. Biting his lip, he blushed. If Dark could survive all that. What could he possibly do to him. Dark's hand reached out, his fingers lifting Sean's chin until their eyes met. Giving him a beautiful warm smile, he whispered to him. "I'm not afraid of anything being done to me. I've lived long enough to have survived it all." Sean believed his words, but just as he finished a flash of something showed on his features briefly.

Worry. Placing a hand on Dark's chest, Sean gently whispered back. "But you worry about me..." Sean felt Dark's heart speed up at his words, but he showed no emotion otherwise. Leaning in to kiss him, Sean's heart leapt at the thought. It made him feel so special to be the only thing that vexed Darkiplier. The strongest demon he knew. Breaking the kiss, Sean stepped back and told him in a shy commanding voice. "Don't go nowhere." Dark smirked, watching him until he entered the hidden room. Walking along the many hanging toys and organized drawers of others, Sean absently asked Dark to break up his embarrassment. "Dark? I'm confused about something..." Dark chuckled from the other room, answering coolly. "If you don't know what it does. I'll happily show you." Sean dropped his face into his hand, blushing as he chuckled out. "No. I didn't mean..." Lifting his head, he touched a thin golden chain and corrected clearly. "I just thought of something... In the memory I saw... Didn't you create the sun?" Dark laughed lightly, stating grimly. "I thought I did. But no... My efforts only summoned Khaos' sister. It was an old spell. Something I had never considered using. Khaos imprisoned me for a long time after that... As punishment for bringing her sister to this place. Her... personal sandbox as it were."

Sean frowned at the thought of Dark being imprisoned. Then smirked at how it must have been her way of grounding him. Taking something off the wall, Sean asked him curiously. "How is the rest of your family? You haven't mentioned them since we last saw them." He could hear the groan in Dark's voice when he answered. "I don't know. I can only handle visiting them every few years. I have other duties to attend to that don't involve them. Although Yan does enjoy trying to summon me. I can easily ignore him so far. I blame my sister for ever teaching him dark arts. She's hoping I'll apprentice him... but he lacks focus." Sean bit his lip, opening a drawer to peek inside. It was interesting to hear Dark talk about his family in such a non-demon way. Picking up another toy, Sean reluctantly asked him. "Have you told her that you plan to marry me?" Dark didn't answer, prompting a heavy exhale from Sean before he regaled aloud. "You haven't. Which means she still hates me... Or hates Anti..." Dark's voice dropped to a deep tone, when he seriously told him. "She has her concerns. I don't share them. She married William without listening to my advice. I'm entitled to ignore hers." Sean rolled his eyes, reaching for one more thing, when he questioned him lightly. "Dark... That demon that stepped in. Nightmare?" Dark instantly correctly casually. "Natemare. What about him?"

Leaning out of the room a bit, Sean nervously asked. "You didn't seem concerned that he knew who I was. You were even going to send me away with him. Why?" Dark was stretched lengthwise across the bed, his legs crossed and his head propped up on his hand. Flashing him a small smile, Dark calmly informed him. "Natemare is one of the few demons I trust... to a degree. He's cunning. Reminds me a lot of myself and Anti. He's smart, but wild natured. He plays with his food. Enjoys the hunt. He's seen you before. In fact... He found you for me. Those nightmares and daymares you suffered... Only one or two was me. He's tried to teach me how to invade dreams... but mine are not as stable." Stepping out of the room, Sean gawked out at him. "So, both of you tormented me?" Dark's eyes narrowed playfully on him, when he said teasingly. "I had to be careful. I wasn't sure if Anti had gotten to you yet. By dividing my efforts, Anti wasn't inclined to react right away. He has nothing against Natemare. If anything... Anti and Natemare are quite close. He appeals to him in ways I can't. It's a crazy thing." Sean raised an eye, tossing the toys onto the bed as he said with a shrug. "You weren't worried about him telling Anti about your plans?"