Chapter 5: Seaside Date

Raiden was now getting out of the car as soon as they pulled up to a brown cottage restaurant with an umbrella over the tables.

"This is a nice-looking restaurant," He said, looking at the restaurant.

"It is. Here you go," Raven said, handing Raiden some money."Text me when you are done with your date," She smiled

"Mom, enough already; it is not a date," He said, taking the money and putting it in his jacket pocket and zipping it up.

"Alright, I'm done messing with you, prince. Go have a good time with your new friend," Raven said

"I will see you later, and I'll get you something to go as well," He said.

"You don't have to. I plan to grab something while waiting for you, but you know, maybe something for tomorrow would be good," Raven said.

"Alright," Raiden said with a nod as he shut the car door and walked toward the restaurant entrance.

Raven watched Raiden walk on inside, and she then drove on off. The moment he was inside the restaurant.

---------

Raiden entered the restaurant to see Jasmine standing against the wall, wearing a dark pink dress with light purple leggings.

"Woah!" Raiden exclaimed with wide eyes at the sight of her outfit."That dress is beautiful, Jasmine," He said, walking over toward her.

"Ah, Raiden was about to text you, and thanks brought it up last weekend," Jasmine smiled softly.

"Well, you did an excellent job picking it out," Raiden complimented with a smile.

"You are so kind; your mom must have taught you good manners," Jasmine said.

"She taught me more than that," He replied.

"Table for two for Jasmine Florence," A young man with short spiky brown man said from behind the counter, holding two menus.

"That is us," Jasmine said, following the young man and Raiden.

They then arrived at a two-person booth that had a picture of a beach on the wall next to them.

"My name is Richard, and I will be your server," The man said, placing the menus on the table.

"Thank you," Jasmine said, sitting down across from Raiden.

"I can start you off with drinks," Richard said.

"I'm going to go with the Root beer," Richard said, looking at the drinks.

"I want the Raspberry tea," Jasmine said.

"Alright, I will be back with you and too. Take your food order," Richard said, walking off.

"So Jasmine, why did you invite me for lunch?" Raiden asked.

"I wanted to get to know you," Jasmine said."What was your home like?" She asked.

"Well, Bayville was a nice place minus all the drama with mutant hate," Richard said.

"Yeah, it was constantly on the news a few years back," Jasmine said."Still, see, talk about it. The world still seems to be afraid of them, but not much in Middleton. We haven't seen any mutants around here."

"Yeah, the hatred is bad and unfair," Raiden said, looking down.

"Is something the matter?" Jasmine asked.