1. Interrogation

Viraj entered their room in a hurry, having blood all over him, looking frustrated as a trail of blood followed him to their room. Mahamaya gasped and was about to ask what had happened but he directly entered the bathroom. She realized that he wanted to clean up all the blood and sighed to herself. It was so much blood. She wished he didn't have to do this but he had no other way to keep his family safe, which included her now. She didn't want to think about this, about how keeping her safe meant that he would have to play this dirty game now but he assured her that he was meant to do that even if he had not married her. 

After the wedding rituals, they had moved to the main room in the ground floor. Mahamaya had made sure to keep Tara away from the room as much as she could because she knew that kids imitated the adults and with this room belonging to the Mafia King and Queen, she was not sure what Tara would imitate and what she would not. Therefore, Mahamaya had made sure that she was away with Tara in Tara's room. The rooms around them were servant quarters but Mahamaya made sure to make it comfortable enough for Tara. 

Thankfully, Tara was not in the room with her now. After like half an hour, Viraj finally stepped out, muttering, "This is so difficult."

Mahamaya came towards him, caressing his face as she said worriedly, "Of course it is. What you go through, most people would pee if they would have to go even one percent of what you do. There is a reason why doctors indulge so much in alcohol, cigarettes and drugs, because such bloody scenes affect our mental health too much."

Viraj released a breath, not wanting to tell her that he didn't want to hear the reasoning on why he was feeling this way. He just wanted to be left alone. His wife could be a bit prudish at times. She liked to share these pieces of knowledge, not even trying to find out if the other person wanted the knowledge or not. However, he respected her and would maybe communicate with her about this later in the marriage but not now when things were new and could get out of hand much sooner.

Besides, she had left behind her family and home for him to come to a house full of criminals. She was finding more difficulty with reaching to her job from a house which was so away from the city. His wife was trying very hard and he knew that he should try too but things could get a little overwhelming at times, making him almost burst everything, the keyword being almost. Her captivating face and body made it impossible for him to be angry at her because she was so innocent and cute, always making him amused even if she wouldn't do those things to specifically amuse him.

He breathed in a sigh of breath as he nodded, wrapping his hands around her waist and pulling her closer, making her blush and twist in his arms as she whispered, "What are you doing? What if someone comes in right now?"

Viraj smiled and said playfully, "They will think what they should think, that their King loves their Queen."

Mahamaya blushed more, a beautiful pink on her cheeks, as if her cheeks had become petals of rose. She ducked her face and hid it in his chest shyly, making him chuckle. He rocked her a little, gently as he muttered, "I am in a predicament, wifey. Please guide me and tell me what is the right path."

Mahamaya nodded, signalling him to continue. Viraj took a deep breath and said, "I don't feel like what I am doing is wrong. I am protecting you. However, is torturing a soul right? I don't know if I am doing the right thing."

Mahamaya nodded as she answered him, "It depends on what emotions you have. When Arjuna (a person in Mahabharata) had asked similar question to Sri Krishna (eighth or ninth incarnation of Sri Vishnu, the preserver deity), Sri Krishna had replied that yes it is right if it is done in the most merciful manner and without hatred in your mind. You shouldn't deliver justice with the intent to avenge but with an intent of doing the right thing. Right now, you are doing right by torturing him because you are doing the right thing. You need to survive and you want me to safe. That's why you do this, right?"

Viraj nodded in return. Mahamaya continued, "So in such circumstances, make sure you don't harm them if you don't need to. Bribing, threatening, anything will work as long as it is done in gradual steps instead of just giving third degree torture on the first day if he could have spoken with just threats."

Viraj smiled, hugging her as he said, "Thank you so much. That helped a lot. You are a gem, Mahamaya, I love you."

Mahamaya blushed, before reminding him, "Remember our talks? I am not comfortable with this much physical closeness."

Viraj left her in an instant, stepping back as he said playfully, "Yes, Ma'am, I remember."

Mahamaya giggled at that as she got on her bed again, getting the laptop on her stomach, studying a case. Kids were getting worse and worse with their bodies getting so disfigured that it was astonishing. Viraj saw her and sighed, coming closer to her and closing the laptop lid. Mahamaya whined but Viraj didn't listen as he kept the laptop aside and pulled her towards him on the bed, keeping her bound in his arms.

If she wanted, she could escape but she didn't want to. Mahamaya snuggled more in his arms, trying to find the right sleeping position. She had never slept with someone else, both in sexual and non sexual ways so she had to experiment a lot to find a comfortable position. Finally, as she got the right angle of her neck, back, limbs and everything else, she closed her eyes, sleeping in her husband's arms as she heard his soft snores in her ear. The snores brought a smile to her face in the sleep...