Chapter Six: Forgotten, Not Forgiven

~Kathryn's POV~

I saw my phone light up. I pulled down the menu bar.

>Facebook<

Olive wrote on your timeline "Happy Birthday Katty! <3"

Oh. Yay. Another person to write on my timeline. That makes 23? 24? Well the number doesn't matter. Just the people. So I check.

"Olive R., Lana U., May O., Niall H., Zayn M., Liam P., Louis T., Sam L., Janna E., Anne S. and 15 other have written on your timeline" God, even Anne wished me a happy birthday. But you know who hasn't.

Harry Edward Styles. That's who.

I woke up this morning in an empty bed with a note on my nightstand.

"Went out, be back soon Love. Don't wait up on me.

-H"

That was six hours ago. I have no idea when he is. I tried calling him but his phone is off. It goes straight to voicemail. I pick up my phone and text Niall.

TO: Nialler

"Hey~ Can you come over Earlier than the others? I'm boreddd"

I hit send and moments later my phone lights up.

FROM: Nialler

"sure. where's Haz?"

I sigh and message back that I'm not sure. He doesn't even reply. I go to my room and put on the outfit that I picked out for my birthday. I braid my hair, condemning the curls. I put on some eyeliner and blush.

"Kathryn? It's Ni, don't shoot"

I smile at his sense of humor and yell that I'm upstairs. I hear him come up the stairs, looking for me in different rooms. Then I see his smile in the mirror of the bathroom.

"Gosh, someone's old now" He says with an smirk. I punch his arm playfully and laugh quietly. I can't help but think about Harry. Where is he?

"So....umm....you okay?" He says, unsure of himself. I try to smile but I can't. I just shrug. I look at my phone.

"Ni, it's six. They are going to be here soon." I say, wanting to change the subject. I walk past him to the staircase and he follows. As I make my way down I hear a knock on the door.

Everyone came together, like they do every year. I smile and greet them.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHRYN!" I laugh at everyone yelling. Liam sets the cake down on the countertop and hugs me. And then there's a line of hugs. Louis looks at me with an confused look.

"Kathryn? Where's Harry?" Lou asks.

"Hah...umm funny thing is that I don't know. He said not to wait up on him" giving everyone a smile. I get a murmur of 'ohs' in return.

We are all silent for a moment until Liam speaks up.

"Well...let's get this party started!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's now 10:27. Everyone left. Half of my birthday cake is gone. Not a single piece was consumed by Harry.

I lay in bed, my hair still in a braid. I'm wearing one of his shirts. It smells like him. I'm waiting for him to walk through the bedroom door. 10:37. No Harry. 10:45. No Harry. 11:10. No Harry. I sit up and just cry. He never said happy birthday to me and my birthday is almost over. Why would he do this to me?

Then I hear the front open and close shut. I look at the clock. It's 11:15. Now he's home.

He walks in the room with a surprised look on his face. His face falls once he makes eye contact with me. I know my eyes are red and puffy. I start to cry again and he comes over to me and brings his hands up to rub it away. I somehow manage to talk.

"Don't touch me." I say in a low whisper. He puts his hand down to his side. He walks over to his side of the bed and lays down. I look him and speak once more before I fall asleep.

"You're late"

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

ªüthºr'š ñºtë

Hey :) sorry if the chapter was to long. I felt like writing :3

Anyways

»Fan«

»Vote«

»Comment«