Chapter 3: Confessions

Start from the beginning

'Calm down, Pansy. We always arrive with a slight delay and outshine the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor intruders, you know that', Bella lifts herself from the bed on the other side of the room and throws a glance at my reflection in the mirror.

'See? How could this go unnoticed?', Bella points at me with her slender little finger and I can't help but chuckle at her remark.

Tonight I am wearing my favorite short green silk dress, a pair of silvery heels, and appropriate jewelry. Pansy finished the look with flattering green eyeshadow to complement the color of my eyes.

I turn back to face the girls I share the dorm with.

Pansy is wearing a short black glittery dress. Her hair is sleek back and the silver eyeliner she is wearing makes her stare irresistible. Bella also looks stunning in her red crop top and black mini skirt.

I can't help but clap my hands in excitement.

'Let's go', I am the first to open the door of our dorm and head to the Slytherin common room.

The music suddenly gets louder and there are many scents in the air, which I cannot identify. I am surprised by the number of people this room manages to fit. There are certainly more people than the last time our house threw a party. It's obvious that we're already past the first month at Hogwarts. Everyone is fed up with all the studying and just wants to get wasted.

With a quick glance over the crowd, I recognize several people from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff. There are even some girls from Gryffindor. The competition between the houses loses all meaning in the stifling atmosphere of the Slytherin dungeons where the light is dim, the alcohol is present and the discretion is secure.

'Girls, finally', a manly hand wraps around my shoulders.

'Nott, hands off my girl', Pansy attacks him instantly.

'Theo, does it bother you escorting me to my DJ boyfriend in the other part of the room?', Bella lifts her brows waiting for an answer.

'Of course, ma'am', Theo's hand leaves my shoulders and he accompanies Bella toward the stairs to the boys' dorm, which are currently transformed into a DJ platform.

'Well, babe, let's dance', Pansy drags me to the middle of the dance floor and our bodies start moving in sync with the crowd of teenagers.

***

Draco Malfoy

At first, I was determined to skip Blaise's Friday party, but then I thought to myself: I'm already drained to the edge. How could a Friday party possibly damage my state even more? I might even feel better after producing some dopamine and consuming a fair amount of firewhiskey.

It would be a nasty lie to say that I enjoy dancing. I prefer sitting somewhere in the corners of the room, drinking, and observing the hyped teenagers getting drunker and drunker throughout the night as I am doing right now.

I am comfortably resting on a green velvet couch in my black suit, sipping on firewhiskey and looking around the crowd, searching for familiar faces.

I had the company of Theodore before he got totally wasted and escaped to the dorms. He never came back, so he must have fallen asleep. I hope it was not on my bed, because I swear I will kick him out of it if he dared to. I don't care if he was high, drunk, or whatever.

Blaise and Rose are spending the whole night behind the DJ platform, kissing and laughing. Zabini has been head over heels for this petite blondie since second year and it was a matter of time for them to end up together. I was more than relieved when the news came in the middle of our fifth year at Hogwarts as I was tired of his late-night sobbing over Bella Dawson.