↠𝐈𝐗↞

-°・:*✧*:・°-
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑
-°・:*✧*:・°-

    𝐋𝐔𝐗𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 up that morning more than she had dreaded anything before. The horror that had befallen her last night consumed her mind as she lay in her four poster bed, concealed from the world by the green curtains. She didn't dare even think about what happened; didn't dare breathe life into its memory. Deciding that maybe, if she slept forever she could pretend it was all a bad dream.

    Through a morning reverie, she could hear the quiet voices of her dormmates as they got dressed:

    "...miss breakfast."

    "...she last night? Let's ask her."

    "No, no. Let her sleep in..." Triss's voice, followed by muffled giggles.

    And then it was Frost's voice, and it could've been minutes or hours later, Luxanna wasn't sure. She didn't care, not for Frost nor anyone else.

    "You're not going to miss your Defence class, are you?"

    "I'm not planning on going anywhere, Frost. Leave me alone."

    Anger pulsed within her veins, radiating to the tips of her fingers and toes, and when she clenched her eyes shut the faces of those two boys reemerged once more, their lips curved in the most pleased of smirks.

    "Suit yourself," hissed Frost before slithering out of the room. Gone was the only one who would bother waking her up.

    As much as she had begged for silence, Luxanna now found herself stubbornly annoyed at the prospect of no longer having anybody to bicker with, and wished that Selwyn were around just so she could tell her how silly her eyebrows looked, and how a skirt rolled up so short was against the dress code...

    Luxanna's eyes flew open, struggling to adjust to the ray of sunlight piercing through the lake above, a telltale sign that hours had passed. She cursed underneath her breath, wondering what had woken her.

    Her question was answered by the rattle of the door as somebody from the outside battled persistently for entrance.

    "Lux I know you're in there! Open the door!" came Alex's voice from the hallway, followed by several bangs of his fist against the wood.

    "Go away, this is the girls' dorm, Alex!"

    "Why do you keep telling me that? I don't care. Now open the door!"

    "I'm skipping today!"

    Luxanna pulled the covers farther up her head, glad to pretend that she did not exist. But each pounding bang further tested her patience and served as a vexing reminder of Alex's unyielding persistence. She would not put it past him to stay there until they threw him in detention. Reluctantly, she threw on her dressing gown and slippers and waddled across the room.

    "What do you want?" she asked through the closed door.

    "I... Uh, well..." he strained for words. "We have a free period and I just thought you should come out and eat. And... it's late and you really shouldn't miss Transfiguration as well. I mean Snape was livid... but then I guess that could be because I'd nearly burnt a hole through my robes... Lux?"