Chapter 3 : The Stone Circle

Bloom's Pov

We were in the Stone Circle everybody had to show their powers. Tara was good at it. And so was Aisha she could control water and it looked cool. Musa was a mind fairy so she made a cool mind fairy thing and then it was my turn. Headmistress Dowling called my name aka my Mom so I went up to the bowl in the middle of the circle and everyone was looking at me it was not the best thing in the world. I put a hand on each side of the bowl and tried to get my magic to work but it only made small sparks and then Headmistress Dowling started talking. "Focus on positive thoughts and the positive energy around you," she said   I tried my best but nothing happened and I was getting frustrated so I just walked back to my seat and she called Beatrix up and she made some kind of thunder from her hands. The lesson ended and I was talking with Aisha, Musa, and Terra about our magic and then they asked me why I couldn't control mine and I had to tell them something. "I had an accident involving my magic when I was younger so I was kinda scared of it afterwards so I was too scared to try again" They looked at me like they cared about me and what I was telling them. I then noticed that My mom was walking towards us so I turned around so that I was facing her and so did the other girls. "Good work today girls," she said and gave us all a smile, and then she started walking back towards the school and we stayed and talked for about a half hour before we headed back to the school for our next lesson.

I was walking towards the Stone Circle. I had my headphones on and was hearing a little bit too loud music but I was used to it. It was dark and the sky had that black-ish color where you feel like you can see everything and nothing at the same time. When I walked into the middle of the Stone Circle I turned around to look around to see if there was anyone even though I knew there wouldn't be anyone.
I took my headphones off and placed them around my neck and then I placed my hands on the bowl in the middle of the Circle and I tried to think positive thoughts like my mom had said to all of us earlier but nothing happened and the bowel was just like a normal bowel. I think I spent about 20 minutes trying to get my powers to work but again nothing happened. I was staring into the bowl so I didn't even notice that someone was watching me.
"Do you know how late it is?" I jumped at the person who started talking behind me as I didn't know they were there. I turned around so that I was facing the person it was my Mom.
"Ohh MOM... you scared me" My heart was beating so fast. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you.. what are you doing here?" She asked me. "I am trying to get my magic to work but it's not working at all" She looked at me for a second and then she said. "Let's try together I guide you through it and you try your best" I looked at her for a minute before I agreed to try again so I walked around the stone in the middle so that I was facing my Mom at the same time and then placed my hands on the bowel again.
"Okay think about a positive memory and then try to use those emotions to get your magic to grow" I closed my eyes and thought about the picnic we had when I was 8 and how happy I had felt but nothing happened and now I was frustrated and angry with myself. "Come on try again sweetheart you almost got it," she said and I tried again but nothing happened I opened my eyes that I was looked directly into her eyes but I did not move my hands.
"It's not working...why is it not working?" I asked her. "I don't know sweetie but try again" she replied and gave me a big smile.
"Didn't you hear what I said my MAGIC IS NOT WORKING!" She looked at me but her smile disappeared now. "Yeah I heard you and I think you just need to try again because you just have to believe in yourself" I just looked at her with an angry look. "MOM I AM FUCKING TRYING... it's not MY FAULT THAT YOU ARE PERFECT AND EVERYONE ELSE is!!" I was yelling at her now and she was trying not to yell at me.
"I'm now perfect and we both know that.. and please stop yelling at me sweetheart I'm just trying to help you" She is so annoying sometimes. "NO, I WILL NOT STOP YELLING... IT'S A LITTLE HARD TRYING TO BE PERFECT ALL THE TIME BECAUSE YOU EXPECT ME TO BE"
"I AM NOT!.. expecting that sweetheart"
I think she realizes that she was yelling too.
"YES, YOU ARE.. AND STOP CALLING ME SWEETHEART OR SWEETIE IT'S ANNOYING WHEN I AM MAD AT YOU" I was really angry at her. "Bloom please stop" I didn't want to stop it felt kind of good to say the dings to her.
"NO MOM I DON'T WANT TO STOP!!!" I shouted at her. "BLOOM!!" "what" I yelled back at her.
"Look," she said and pointed at the bowl with her eyes. I looked down and saw that I had made a huge flame with my magic. I let go of the bowel and the flame died. I looked up at her and she just looked at me with a face that had no sign of emotions. I started walking over to the other side of the circle to get out but before I walked out I stopped and looked at her and then I said. "Thank you for your time headmistress but it's late and I have an early class tomorrow" and then I walked away back to my suite and roommates.

I heard someone knocking on the door to our suite but I just thought one of the others would open and so they did because I heard someone asking Musa if they could talk to me and about 10 seconds later was Musa at my door to say that someone wanted to talk to me. I already knew how it was but I just thanked Musa and then I walked over to the door and out into the hallway where I was met by my Mother.
"Hey, Mom what do you want" I asked her without talking to Loud because I knew the girls were gonna be listening to our conversation on the other side of the door. "I just wanted to say that I am sorry for yelling at you earlier sweetheart I didn't mean to make you upset... I was just trying to help you"
Oh, I hate it when I fight with my parents.
"I know you were just trying to help and I am sorry I yelled at you.. can you forgive me?" I asked her and she looked at me for a second and then she smiled.
"Of course sweetheart... I will always forgive you" she said I smiled at her and then I said. "Can....we hug?" She didn't even answer me she just took me into a huge and it felt like it lasted forever. When the hug ended I told her that I probably should go back to my room and that the girls probably had a lot of questions she agreed and then we said good night to each other and I walked over to the door but before I entered the suite made she a little comment. "If I see you out of your room more today I will give you detention" I just laughed and walked into my suite and when I had closed the door I turned around. Was I met by 3 girls with huge smiles on their faces and only 3 because Stella was not smiling at me. The first one to break the silence was Aisha. "Is Miss Dowling your Mom?"