Epilogue

Cherub's POV

So now, a lot of things change. Ang bilis ng mga pangyayari. Nandito kami ngayon ni Ethan sa venue ng graduation. Attending the graduation ceremony. He held my hand as we watch the students climbing in the stage and claiming their diplomas.

It's really nice to have someone who will be your lifetime partner. Yes, maaga pa para sabihin. But knowing him, he keeps his words. Really.

I looked at him and smiled. So handsome, so kind. He smiled back and pinched my left cheek using his right arm. I frowned which is in return, he chuckled. I kinda hate when he does that.

A few minutes later, the name of my classmates are being called one by one. They started climbing and grabbing their diplomas. I smiled as I watched them. The people who bullied me is now graduating. And I am happy for them.

Caelum's name have been called. He energetically climbs into the stage to grab his diploma. We waved it to his parents and Matt. He went down, and after a few minutes, Matt's name had been called too. He stood up and went to the stage. He took it and waved it.

Now, it's Ethan's turn. He has this valedictorian speech to make after this. He is the valedictorian in the school. He took his diploma, looked at me, and waved it. He proudly presented it to me when he came back.

"Mahal, ito na. We finally made it!!"

"Yeah we did." I retorted. "And this is fun."

"Medyo kinakabahan ako sa valedictorian speech ko mamaya." He suddenly said.

"Hmm, kaya mo 'yan Mahal. I am here to support you, hm?" I said, cupping his left cheek with my hand.

"Sweet mo talaga, Cherub."

"I am sweet before. Maybe too sweet now."

After few more minutes, they called my name. I nervously claimed my diploma and looked at the people in front of me. I smiled. I will miss this. I looked at Ethan's direction and waved the diploma I got. This is nice. Finally.

I went back to where Ethan is waiting and hugged him tight. Letting myself be intoxicated with his scent. So attracting.

"Hm, I love you Ethan." I said, looking at him.

"I love you more, Mahal. No words can explain how much I love you."

We went outside for a bit, at bumalik din dahil sa valedictorian speech ni Ethan. I wonder kung bakit hinuli nila 'yon. It was supposed to be on the first part of the event. Tumayo na si Ethan sa harapan naming lahat. From here, I can sense his nervousness. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled in return.

"Good morning teachers, founders, classmates, and my fellow students. We all know the hardships we have been throughout the years. From stepping here during the enrollment days, and for stepping again. For the graduation. To us, our joy and pride comes from different things and people..." He then started his long speech.

As I listened to it, I feel every inch of his dedication. The dedication to inspire others. To be independent, and to be respectful to others.

"Before I end this speech, I just wanna take this opportunity to thank the people who became part of my journey here. Our journey. My mom; my friends, Caelum, Matt and Eric; my classmates; and of course, to my love. They made my journey here a lot more easier. Yes, hardships come. But they stayed. Thank you for that guys. Specially to Cherub-" I suddenly flinched when I heard him shouting my name in front of everyone. "Thank you Mahal sa walang sawang pag-unawa sa akin. Thank you for staying kahit na madaming masasamang nangyari sa'yo."

He ended his speech with a congratulations to our fellow students, and big thank you's to the teachers who became part of our journey here. Gabi na kami nakalabas ng venue dahil sinabay na doon ang maliit na handaan na gawa ng buong student council. It was fun.