Run #2

Mila's POV:

I always considered myself lucky. I never knew what it was like to barely scrape by like every one else nowadays. I still lived in a big area of mine, I was wealthy, I was respected. We had guards to knock off the Salmonids, no help needed. At least, that was what I thought until today.

It was just like every other day. I was practicing my sniping on a target with my vintage E-liter 4K, a true treasure in this time. Since all weapons now are Grizzco-fied, finding original weapons like this is considered one of the best things to happen. I never knew why they made a Grizzco Charger though-this one already seems perfect.

The long range, the sleek design, the choice of scoped or unscoped, the possibilities made me smile just thinking about.

I had just finished my practice when I heard a low growl. I quickly ran over to my window to inspect. Shivers when down my spine when I spotted two massive Grillers headed right for me, their lasers getting stuck on the window.

I saw the guards ready their snipers and aim for the fish hanging out, just for the Smallfries to jump out and distract them. I opened my window and charged up my E-liter, getting a direct shot on one of the Grillers. Several others spilled out and I attempted to shoot all of them, but failed and the Griller ended up pulling them right back up and heading straight for me again.

"Ma'am! You have to leave!" I heard my favorite guard yell from down below. His name was Hengry-and I swear, he raised me more than my own parents did. "No! I'm not leaving you guys!" I yelled back. A good captain always goes down with her ship, my dad used to tell me.

I went to my closet and pulled out more old chargers. I grabbed a Squiffer, Bamboozler, Gootuber and even a Reef-Lux. I slung them all over my shoulder in some way and squeezed the E-liter in my hand hard. I opened my window and hung out of the side of it, attempting to get a better angle on the Griller.

It was about to bulldoze right over Hengry and kill him, but I hit the tail just in time with my E-liter and stopped it. But that was only one. We had the other, and I saw several other Griller's popping up in the distance. Not to mention the now mountains of Smallfries piling up all on top of each other. I gasped when I saw Hengry and all the other guards get crushed to death. But I didn't have much time to weep, 'cause all the lasers had moved onto me now.

I jumped out of my window and slung myself into the roof. I spotted a tall, abandoned structure about a mile away and pulled out my zip caster. I succeeded in landing on the pole and stared wide eyed at all the bloodthirsty Salmonids still looking at me. The zipcaster landed and I slid down the pole, relishing in the fact that the lasers were now nowhere to be seen. But the death of all my friends still took a toll on my head. I saw a bench in a bus stop nearby and slumped down onto the seat, tears streaming down my face.

Even if they were paid to talk to me, it still felt so real at times. I really thought I could save them, but I guess I was wrong.

The air felt so cold as it flew against my now warm and tear soaked cheeks. Where was I supposed to go now? I'm just sitting here, waiting for a bus that I don't even know where it's gonna take me.

Maybe I could just follow it and see where it goes, then go from there. But, one things for sure-I wanna go somewhere where I can continue to use my snipers.

I was about to doze off when I heard a loud screech. I looked up to see an old, run down looking bus stopped right in front of me.

I stepped in and was greeted with a smile from the bus driver. A prawn with a backwards hat and strange shoe style. I tried my best to smile back and walked over to the middle of the bus. I sat on a seat right next to a kid that looked just as gloomy. I didn't mean to stare, but I guess I did and he caught me 'cause then he sadly smiled at me.

"What happened to you?" I tried to ask as politely as possible. "Oh, nothing much. Just headin' to Splatsville. And you?" Interesting, a place that's been abandoned for years now is his destination? "And why are you going there?" I asked, genuinely curious at this point.

"I'm gonna see Mr. Grizz and get him to help me." He replied. Mr. Grizz, that name did seem to ring a bell. But what from? "Where're you goin'?" The little octoling shot back. "I don't know." I honestly said. "Well, if you don't know, you wanna come with me and help?" He asked eagerly, obviously wanting the company.

Well, I had nowhere else to go. And this kid seems pretty cool. "Okay then. I'm Mila by the way, pleasure to meet you." I introduced myself, sticking out my hand. He shook it.

"I'm Kai!"