Where The Gnome King's Fiancée Has a Love Affair With an Elf

Start from the beginning

I kept my eye on the commotion from the corner of the window.

A drunk gnome wandered over to the pile of snow globes, picked one up, and tossed it between his two hands.

My whole body tensed.

"Hey Lobyup, catch this!" He announced, chucking the snow globe at another one of the gnomes, hitting him directly in the face, before it fell to the ground shattering. Instead of leaving glass everywhere, it simply turned into a golden glitter-like substance before disappearing into the air. The gnome that threw the snow globe cracked up laughing, falling backward.

Lobyup, the gnome which now had a bleeding nose and a black eye, stood and angrily marched over, grabbing a snow globe from the pile and throwing it forcefully down on the other gnome's face, who was still laughing... that is, until it hit him too. This snow globe also broke, releasing its magic in a small poof.

The two gnomes began wrestling each other, knocking into the pile occasionally, and I watched with horror as the unstable tower swung from side to side.

"We can't just sit around- Kenny- We have to do something!" I whisper yelled. I clenched my fists, hoping that none of the snow globes they broke was Bernard's.

With one more inevitable cracking noise, Dad stood up. "Hey gnomes! Stop that!" His eyes widened when he realized what he had done.

Kenny and I held our breaths, freezing.

The room came to an immediate silence as a hundred eyes turned to look at Santa standing in the window.

"Everyone, go- Go now!" Kenny waved everyone forward and suddenly, elf after elf was climbing through the window, and trying to take down as many gnomes as they could, or, at least, get them away from our snow globes.

Sounds of shock sounded as the elves began to crawl past Santa and into the room. I'm sure it would look a little terrifying to see unexpectedly. There was yelling and cheering and sneering and all sorts of loud noises as the battle commenced.

"Take this, you stinky gnomes!" Curtis yelled, lassoing two gnomes together with a long piece of garland from his garland gun- a new invention that he was very proud of. The two gnomes fell to the floor in a tangled heap and tried to kick their way out to no avail.

Judy and Theo, her boyfriend from wrapping, simply wrapped as many gnomes as they could up with perfect little bows and fancy ribbons. They were fast at it too.

The E.L.F.S were doing even better. They had several gnomes out cold between the cocoa bombs and the tinsel traps. Every few seconds a loud popping noise could be heard, and everyone in a three-foot radius would immediately be thrown to the ground to be tied up.

I was doing my best to grab any snow globes from the ground before any more broke. I stooped down to the cobbled floor to grab one and was met with a pair of tiny feet to the side of me.

"You??" Ronrug, the yellow gnome from the meeting, said with fear in his eyes. "How... How did elves get here?? Our kingdom is too prestigious for such creatures! I must get our leader!" He tried to scurry off to alert the king but I teleported in front of him, grabbing him in my arms and taking him down. "Get off me!" He kicked and screeched. "Jormop! Help me, brother! Go get our dutiful and handsome King! He will deliver us from the hands of these evil evil elves!"

Jormop, who had managed to fend for himself nearby quickly dodged any elves and burst through the doors into the other room. I couldn't do anything, as I was still holding Ronrug down, but he stopped struggling against me.

"Hey! Someone- He's getting the king-" I yelled backward, but nobody could hear me with all the commotion.

"Nice try, elf, but you don't even know what you are up against." He sneered as he began to cackle.