File 2 : Detective On Duty (Part 1)

Ellen P.O.V
"So you're standing here when Mr.Jones fall?" The police asked us

We all nodded together

"Did you see any stranger come out from his apartment?" Asked the police for the umpteenth time.

We all shook our head

The police asked us to note our adress, phone number, and of course, our name.

But..

Jenny P.O.V

"Hey, maybe we can help? We've ever solved a murder case too." I bravely said, lying

"Sorry, but no strangers are allowed to get into the murder scene" The police said, smirking "You can go now. We can solve it by ourselves"

Then he walked away

"You never told me about the case! I don't even know that you've ever solve one" Anna said with an angry tone to me after the police had walked further

"You believe that? It's just a lie" I replied quietly

"So now what?" Evelyn asked me, looking at me like a kid before christmas

"Well, if you want to, be ready at night"

What!?!??!? What did you just say Jenny Carter?!?!?!?

How can you say that words you little idiot!?!?!?!?!?

I felt like punching myself for that word right now

How if I put them in a big risk?

What if Uncle doesn't let me to go out?

You must really learned to think before speaking, Jenny!

But then I saw a big smile appeared on Ellen and Evelyn's face.

Wow, they agreed with my crazy insane mad lunatic loco idea.

I felt like saying Sorry, but I've changed my mind or I was kidding or anything but I don't have the heart to say that after seeing Ellen's big smile on her face

"What time? Where will we meet?" I heard Evelyn spoke to me

"You decide"

______________________________

Congratulations Jenny, you're going to investigate a crime with your friend and putting them into a big risk. You'll meet them at 12 p.m. and for that, you must pretend that you were sleeping and then ran away from your bedroom to the apartment.

I couldn't believe that I could even said that crazy words

But this was cool though.

I changed my pajamas into a T shirt and I wore a stocking.I wanted to wear my pajamas but that would me impolite.

I braid my hair into two and took my jacket. I then walked towards my bedroom door.

I tip toed to the front door for I didn't want to wake my uncke nor grandma. I managed not to make any sound and got out.

It was a cold night. There were nobody in the night street.

I walked slowly to the intersection and turned right. I had walked around 100 metres and I'm sure Uncle will ground me if he knew about this.

The lights of the houses besides the sidewalk lighted my way. There was no street light here, so I had to walk slowly.

But then I felt like somebody was watching me. I looked around but there was nobody here, besides me.

I walked again, but I felt there is somebody followed and watching me again.

I looked around again but there was no one here. I thought that was just my feelings.

Then, I saw Anna and Evelyn standing in front of the apartment door waiting for me and Ellen.

Anna's pink hair was bunned while Evelyn's was wearing a headband.

I noticed that they were wearing a jacket and inside was pajamas!

I should had wore my pajamas too!

"Where's Ellen?" My pink haired friend asked me"It's already a quarter past twelve"

"Do not ask me" I replied with a friendly tone.

We waited for 10 minutes until Ellen finally showed up.

"Sorry, I'm late. I was walking when" She hadn't finished her words when Evelyn cut her.

"Let's go now. Don't waste any time more"

We got inside the apartment easily for the receptionist and the security guard were asleep.

Evelyn tip toed to the reception and checked a book with the apartment dwellers notes.

"Room 14" she said "He lived alone, so that means there's nobody inside now"

"Hope so" Anna replied

We used the elevator to get to the fourteenth floor. There was no voice besides ours and the elevator's because the dwellers were all sleeping.

"So?" Anna asked, standing in front of the room door.

I tried to open the door and fortunately, it wasn't lock.

Anna, Evelyn, and I got into the room while Ellen stayed in front of the room to keep out from any people.

I didn't turn on the lights as I didn't want to attract the others. We walked into the room with a flashlight lighten up the room.

"Cool" Evelyn exclaimed

We all walked around the room looking for clues. We've walked for a couple of minutes until finally Anna spoke.

"Come here guys! Look at this!"

Anna was standing besides the bed. We all stood behind her and look at the wall where she was looking at.

There was a big crack on a side of the wall.

"I found a broken glass too" Evelyn said

"Hmm.. Maybe there was a fight here" I took a conclusion "There's a double decker bed there so perhaps there was two dwellers here"

"I'll try to ask the receptionist" Evelyn said

Evelyn P.O.V

"So his brother has moved 9 months ago?"

The receptionist nodded, half asleep

I thanked him and walked towards the elevator. I pressed the '14' button to go to the 14th floor.

I was sleepy too but thank God tomorrow will be Sunday and I could slept as much as I wanted to tomorrow

Ellen was still standing in front of the front door. I passed her and got into the room.

It was still dark for Jenny refused to turn on the lights.

I told them what I got. Then we stood still for 2 or 3 minutes.

Finally Anna spoke up "I found some strands of long hair in the bathroom and a cup with lipstick on"

Jenny smiled. Her smile was full of satisfactory.

"I think we should go home now"She said "Sleep as much as you want to. We'll come back tomorrow"

We all agreed. Maybe because we were too sleepy and perhaps my brain was going to explode if you ask me to solve this case when I'm on my sleepy mode.

We walked home silently. Everybody was too sleepy to talk.

I went home and walked straightly to my bedroom. Thank God nobody realized that I was out.

I went to bed and slept, hoping that someone solved that case tonight so that I won't have to smuggle into that room and lost my bedtime again

_____________________________End