Part 5. Caring

이게 너의 버릇이야?

Is this your habit?

"Just a second." Soo hyun stopped So Bin and Ae Ri from walking past him, while Yeo joon, Jung Ho, Chun Guk, and Hye Ji looked at them confused.

"Me?" So bin said hesitantly. "Are you already in a team?" Soo hyun stared straight at So Bin with a flat face. "Not yet." She shook her head, smiling awkwardly. "How about you join ours?" He said determined, staring at Ae ri for a while as if giving her a signal to help him.

"Sunbae is right, eonni, we need someone we can trust on the team." Ae ri grabbed So bin's arm with a pleading look. "Are you saying you can't trust us?" Jung Ho glared at her, making Soo hyun narrow his eyes at him.

"Someone who works hard..." Soo hyun turned his head to So bin, adding Ae ri's words. "That jerk..." Jung Ho who was annoyed was about to approach Soo hyun but Yeo joon held him back.

"We wouldn't mind having you on our team." Soo hyun glanced at Ae Ri and So Bin. "If this is about last semester's team project, I'm good." So Bin's words made Ae Ri look at them one by one.

"Did something happen between you two?" She asked Soo hyun nervously. "I don't get swayed by frivolous things. I checked the file you sent and liked your work which is why I'm asking. Please think about it." Soo hyun answered So bin's question without paying any attention to Ae ri.

"What's there to think about? Just join us." Yeo Joon approached So Bin and interrupted their conversation. "What?" So bin felt awkward and confused to him.

"Our first meeting should be held somewhere fancy. Let's go. Off you go." He pushed So bin to walk ahead, followed by the other sunbaes. While Ae ri and Soo hyun who were left behind walked together behind them.

***

The next meeting.

Ae Ri decided to help So Bin prepare snacks and drinks for the members of their group, after So Bin was appointed as the group leader.

"You guys are already here." Yeo Joon came along with Soo Hyun who followed behind him. "I just got here." So bin smiled at them while Ae ri waved her hand.

"Don't do things like this by yourself. This isn't a team leader's job." Soo hyun noticed the snacks and drinks that they arranged on the table.

"Come on. All you need to say is, "Thank you." Besides, eonni did it with me, it seems I'm invisible to you, sunbae." Ae ri smiled at him, sarcastically saying.

"Did you call everyone else on the team?" Again, Soo Hyun ignored Ae Ri's words and turned to So Bin. "Tto geuronda. (You do it again)." Ae ri sighed, muttering out loud. Soo Hyun noticed her words, then secretly stroked Ae Ri's wrist as if to calm her down, making the girl freeze staring at his face.

"Yes, they all said they'll be here on time. Actually, Hye ji can't come. She's coming down with a cold. I guess it'll be just the six of us." So bin checked her phone then said awkwardly, while Soo hyun put his bag open and sat next to Ae ri.

30 minutes later.

"This is our first meeting for the assignment. Where is everyone?" Yeo joon sighed and stretched his body. "Is this your guys' first group assignment? Expect for electives." Still, with her phone in her hands, she looked at Yeo Joon and then Aeri.