chapter 35: she likes girls, and me

Willow's head was pounding under the blinding sun of her open window, she whined before standing up to close it, furrowing her brows to the intensifying pain.

Once closed, the girl sighed. An awful feeling invaded her with isolated memories of last night. She knew it had to do with Effy, she also remembered James' bloody face and J's shocked expression, she could hear Freddie calling for her and her posterior "Don't".

Why was I so upset tho'?
The brunette opted to simply shrug it off for now, in hopes of it coming back on its own later, and went straight for the bathroom since she hadn't changed clothes nor taken her makeup off yet.

"Stunning." She spat ironically when finding her dismal appearance in the toilet's mirror: Black and gray traces of tears flowed all the way through her neck until her cleavage, as her mess of a hair framed whatever the chaos the eyeshadow that had actually achieved to stay in place could be called.  Wills sighed once again before stripping and jumping into the artificial rain.

She'd pondered about playing some music, but opted out since it surely wouldn't help her headache.

"He does not deserve friends" Thomas angrily spat in her mind "He's a cunt"

"Shit. I think you're gonna get the truth, Freds. " J's voice was next.

"Cook?" It was now Freddie's time to call.

"So I'm pissed off, yeah?" James' voice popped back up  "She's taking the piss. And it's hurting me. 'Cos Cook needs the love too. Cookie's got nothing"

Willow frowned, beginning to feel frustrated about the blank spaces in her mind.

"That's why I do her pal... That's why I pop Panda" Cook's drugged up voice confessed yet again, gaining the same reaction from the brunette: Eyes wide open in pure shock.

-Then why was I so upset? - she mumbled before closing the water and stepping out of the shower  I must be missing something the girl guessed, feeling as impotent as it gets.

As she was getting dressed, a wave of hunger hit her, so she naturally directed her walk to the kitchen, where she began making her breakfast, consisting of a shit load of toasts and black coffee

"She loves you." She heard Cook's broken tone. "But she can't stand the love, so she fucks me instead."

Our girl almost dropped her mug when that memory hit her, understanding all of her internal pain.

It was fear, fear of him not choosing her when having the spoken chance of being with Elizabeth. It had happened before, it could happen again, if it wasn't for the singularity of her relationship with Freddie. Unless... no, I refuse to believe it... but...

Her slender shoulders shrugged, I guess I need to talk to him to know.

After her meal was on the kitchen table, she went upstairs to fetch her phone, only to find it dead.