Extra

Gu Yusu always felt that his mother misunderstood him.

For example, his mother has always firmly believed that he likes his name very much.

Another example is that his mother thinks that he is very strong, and he can grow up alive and well without a mother.

So when his mother died of a malignant tumor due to private injection of experimental drugs, and donated her body to medical research, Gu Yusu was a little depressed.

Although Gu Yusu's father has been troubled by this for many years, in order to guide him to look at this matter positively, his father told him many examples of celebrities:

German doctor Forssmann successfully inserted a catheter into his heart and invented cardiac catheterization, which won the Nobel Prize in Medicine in 1956;

Australian doctor Robin Warren drank Helicobacter pylori by himself and successfully verified that it can cause peptic ulcer, and won the 2005 Nobel Prize in Medicine;
Chinese scientist Tu Youyou used her own body to test the drug, and won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Medicine for successfully extracting artemisinin.

And Gu Yusu's mother injected himself with experimental drugs and died.

Summarizing this matter, Gu Yusu's father came to a conclusion that Gu Yusu's mother was not lucky.

Gu Yusu seldom went to parks, zoos, museums and playgrounds because his mother took her to work with her in the lab since she was on vacation. As a result, Gu Yusu had many ideals in life when he grew up: such as traveling around the world. The world, such as going to archaeology to find cultural relics, or becoming a rich man, but he has no interest in medicine.

When he volunteered for the college entrance examination, he did not hesitate to fill in the major of finance. His father looked at it and said to him: "Your luck depends on your mother. It has never been very good. You can't do such speculative things. Study medicine." .”

Later, when he was divided into specialties, he originally wanted to choose pediatrics to save the flowers of the motherland. His father looked at him and said to him: "Your personality is just like your mother. You have never been able to speak. You can't do this kind of work that tests communication. , study neurology."

Later, when he was choosing a subject, he had already opted for the blood vessel project. His father looked at it and said to him, "You..."

After thinking about it, he couldn't write any more, so his father simply said, "My Huntington project is short of people to work on, so come here and finish the project for me first."

Gu Yusu: "..."

In the year when Gu Yusu graduated, his father was in a good mood, made a report, and applied to help Africa, leaving the rest of the matter to him.

The gene-editing drug GHS380 that his parents participated in the research and development, that is, the gene-editing drug injected by his mother privately, finally passed the phase III clinical trial after improvement, improvement and improvement, and was approved for marketing for the treatment of early Huntington's chorea. This is the first in the world. The gene-editing drugs approved for marketing have an earthquake-level impact on the entire academic circle.

After the drug was launched, it received recognition from all walks of life and national awards one after another. On the day of the awards, Gu Yusu stood on the stage as a co-developer of his father who went to aid Africa instead of himself.

Director Qin of the Department of Internal Medicine, as the main organizer of the late-stage clinical trial, spoke on behalf of the winners: "This drug can achieve such a result. In addition to thanking the hard work of our entire R&D team, we must also thank the patients for their trust. I still remember In the first clinical trial of our first-generation drug, five of the eight patients in the experimental group suffered from malignant tumors and died within a short period of time. The results of that experiment were almost a devastating blow to our entire team. However, the patients offered to donate their bodies for further research. If it were not for the support and sacrifice of all the patients, we would not have broken through the difficulties so quickly. Today we invited the family members of the eight patients to the scene to take this opportunity , we would like to thank them again."