Chapter 7 (epilogue)

Two years later
I stare at my reflection in the mirror, and I am amazed by my appearance. My hair is done in an elaborate twist with some hair hanging down in the front in curls. I am wearing the most beautiful dress I have ever laid eyes on. It is a pale gold color, typical for weddings and has a beaded bodice and a floor-length ball gown skirt with slight ruffles. Tess told me it flatters me very well. I look again at my reflection and I can't believe that I am getting married. I remember how Daniel (I stopped calling him Day, even in my head a while ago) proposed to me. I had woken up on my twenty-eighth birthday and heading down to the track for my morning routine. Usually no one is down there when I go, but that day, there was someone waiting for me. I got closer and saw that it was Daniel. I giggled when I saw him there and asked what he was doing down by the track so early in the morning. He told me he brought me a present. He said it wasn't really a birthday present, but it was a present all the same. Then he handed me a box and I opened it to find a paperclip ring inside. When I looked up from the box, I saw Daniel down on one knee and he said words I will never forget: "June Iparis, will you give me the honor of becoming my bride?" I had started to tear up and I told him yes and kissed him.
Now there is just fifteen minutes until I walk down that aisle. The minutes fly by, and before I know it, I'm doing it, I'm walking down the aisle. I see Daniel standing up front, looking dashing in his suit. I go and stand next to him. We speak our vows, and the ceremony is over. I tell Daniel, "I love you more than anything on earth, and I am overjoyed that I get to spend the rest of my life with you."
"I love you more," Daniel says.
"I love you most," I respond with a grin. He grabs my waist and pulls me to him, he bends his head slightly and kisses me. I put my arms around his neck and kiss him back. I am glad that Daniel is the one I will spend my life with, in sickness and in health, until death do we part. In this moment, I couldn't possibly be happier.